Sabres are 2nd in points lost due to injury

LGR4GM

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

How do they figure this out?

Really ????? Is there anything to this??

Sabres have been one of the most injured teams in the NHL consistently for the last 6 or 7 years now. It's something they really need to get a handle on whether it's giving players more rest time, better training protocols, better treatment for minor injuries to prevent them from becoming major injuries, etc...

Bills are on the cutting edge of sports science and have benefitted greatly, Sabres not so much

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

cinemagraph GIF

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt on the lilly pads...

It's a fun-ish play with math so bottom feeders can feel better.

Well thats just it.  If you are going to fully “correct” the Sabres record for injuries, you need to do it to all of their opponents too.  I’m guessing the difference in standings is marginal.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Some combination of games lost and offense added for the lost players. For example Montreal has about 100 more games lost than Buffalo but aren't ahead on this list because some of the lost players they have suck. Just something fun to ponder. 

Does this account for lost goaltenders?

4 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I find it so interesting that the Bills have one of the best track records regarding injuries in the last couple of years, while the Sabres have one of the worst.  I just saw an article this morning in which OJ Howard said that one of the reasons why he signed with the Bills was the advanced sports training center and how it might help him stay healthy during the season.  With all of the investments the Pegulas made in Harbor Center a few years ago, it's baffling that they can't get the same type of results with the hockey team.  With the Sabres on the upswing and the future bright, I hope they can figure this out.

Sabres have full access to the rehab facilities at One Bills Drive.

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Losing 27.8 points means we were a playoff team. I don't see that. I'll give you 8-10 points tops, mostly from missing Anderson.

adding 27.8 points to our current points would put us at 9th in the conference just outside the playoffs. That’s also not accounting for the teams above us having injuries as well.

• Like (+1) 1

• LGR4GM locked this topic