So who gets to wear #22

PromoTheRobot

Which player get to wear #22 on the Sabres?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which player gets to wear #22 on the Sabres?

• Jack Quinn
    • Owen Power

This isn’t a question to me. Quinn is a big part of the Sabres future and already has it.

The only way Power takes 22 from Quinn is if Quinn lets him.

Power’s other number (Team Canada) is 25, which is also taken, but by R2, a player with a much more tenuous Sabres future. That is more interesting.

Personally, I’d love to see Power grab 5, or even 3 or 6 - great defencemen numbers.

Ideally, he’d be 2, but that door has been closed (wrongly, IMO, but that’s another discussion).

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Quinn he had it first.

Give Power 44 for 22 x 2 since he is probably twice as good as Quinn.

Just kidding with the NASCAR # @Eleven.

I like the idea of #20 for Power @French Collection.

There are some higher numbers that could be incredibly aesthetic on the back of a half-tucked jersey worn by a monster defenseman. 

Hedman is example 

Edited by Randall Flagg

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

There are some higher numbers that could be incredibly aesthetic on the back of a half-tucked jersey worn by a monster defenseman. i'm not sure which ones off the top of my head 

Okay, but I'm with @dudacek on this and like low numbers for D men.  Nothing higher than 20.

1 minute ago, inkman said:

44 would be dope

Power Rangers Reaction GIF

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

This isn’t a question to me. Quinn is a big part of the Sabres future and already has it.

Power’s other number (Team Canada) is 25, which is also taken, but by R2, a player with a much more tenuous Sabres future. That is more interesting.

Personally, I’d love to see Power grab 5, or even 3 or 6 - great defencemen numbers.

Ideally, he’d be 2, but that door has been closed (wrongly, IMO, but that’s another discussion).

I agree. Single digit please. 

10 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Power wears 25 when he plays for Canada so that is my guess if they can get Grigorenko’s blessing.😜

Pronger wore that in Anaheim or Edmonton I think, seeing a trend here?

I just want him to be hard to play against, I realize he’s no Pronger. I also don’t want him suspended all the time.

I want Power to have some snarl to his game.

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

Not 6 though maybe... that was the big redheads number.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Eleven said:

22 should be retired anyway, if they're going to retire 16 and 18.  22 was worn by the best coach in team history.

(THIS is how to troll.)

I would not retire any of those numbers. 

Edited by Pimlach

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

I would not retire any of those numbers. 

Nor would I--it's somewhat of an in-joke for people who have put up with me here for 16 years.  

I would retire only 11 and 39 because of the players, and 2 because of the death.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.