GDT: Sabres @ Oilers, Thursday 3-17-22, 9:00 PM (EDT) SNW, MSG-B

woods-racer

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What did we learn tonight?  The Sabres still have miles and miles to go.  Miller is a terrible defensive hockey player.  I said this the day Jbot traded for him and nothing in his time here has changed my mind.

Was there ever a doubt that we have miles to go? I'm looking forward to Miller being traded, I hope someone takes him off our hands!

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

He's never had more than 20 goals in a season, it's not like we're trading away Matthew Tkachuck. 

He’s fifth on the team. Again, at some point we need to upgrade people who have modest goal scoring abilities with people who have better goal scoring abilities. 

41 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

But was there development ? 

Will someone tell young Mr. Krebs if he’s 10-15 feet from the net don’t look to pass to your team mates who are all being smothered by orange jerseys. Shoot the bloody puck please.

OMG 1000%! 

1 hour ago, SDS said:

I made a joke about the heritage classic ice being slow just like our team. Someone chirped me for it.

Our team may be faster than it was in the past, but they really aren’t that fast.

Oilers we’re boat racing Sabres boobies all night (I turned off in 2nd 4-0). 💀👀

• Thanks (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, SDS said:

He’s fifth on the team. Again, at some point we need to upgrade people who have modest goal scoring abilities with people who have better goal scoring abilities. 

Then it's time to spend some Pegula bucks and get a 25 goal scorer just don't pay him 9M per season like Skinner.

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

No real learning take away I can see from this game. They simply didn’t have their head in the game and did too much watching.

Maybe I’m alone in this but I don’t see what Asplund does for the team. He doesn’t hurt anything but is usually invisible. 

You're saying they can't learn from failure. 

7 hours ago, Spoonman said:

Will someone tell young Mr. Krebs if he’s 10-15 feet from the net don’t look to pass to your team mates who are all being smothered by orange jerseys. Shoot the bloody puck please.

Couldn’t agree more… Goal scorers are trigger happy snipers… We need at least one on every line… Let their line mates get the rebounds… 

This team has the 4th worst record in the NHL.

Im just surprised that some people seem surprised or upset that they lost to the oilers on the road, 2000 miles and a couple time zones from home, and were especially eaten up by their elite guys.

Its simple not surprising.

1 minute ago, Curt said:

This team has the 4th worst record in the NHL.

Im just surprised that some people seem surprised or upset that they lost to the oilers on the road, 2000 miles and a couple time zones from home, and were especially eaten up by their elite guys.

Its simple not surprising.

It's not the loss. It's the lack of effort or any look of a cohesive unit that continues to surprise, as we have seen this type of game all too often under 3 separate coaches. This board was stating that they totally expect a playoff spot push for next season after victories over the Leafs and Golden Knights. I am thinking that Don may not be the guy moving forward yet again. The Knights are slumping with no Lehner and since Jack has been in their lineup. The Leafs have goaltending woes but maybe their new Swedish kid has solved that. This team, even with the Rochester grads next season, will have a tough time pushing for a playoff spot. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, eman said:

It's not the loss. It's the lack of effort or any look of a cohesive unit that continues to surprise, as we have seen this type of game all too often under 3 separate coaches. This board was stating that they totally expect a playoff spot push for next season after victories over the Leafs and Golden Knights. I am thinking that Don may not be the guy moving forward yet again. The Knights are slumping with no Lehner and since Jack has been in their lineup. The Leafs have goaltending woes but maybe their new Swedish kid has solved that. This team, even with the Rochester grads next season, will have a tough time pushing for a playoff spot. 

I admittedly didn’t watch the whole game, but I didn’t see a lack of effort.

As it stands now, the team simply doesn’t have the talent (developed) to make any kind of a playoff push for next season.

I really just thought they got overwhelmed by the Oilers offensive skill in a difficult setting.

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

I admittedly didn’t watch the whole game, but I didn’t see a lack of effort.

As it stands now, the team simply doesn’t have the talent (developed) to make any kind of a playoff push for next season.

I really just thought they got overwhelmed by the Oilers offensive skill in a difficult setting.

I saw a sleepy hockey team out there that just wasn't ready to play at puck drop. (again) The Oilers, despite their talent just aren't that good of a hockey club and their goaltending stinks. They will be hard pressed to make the playoffs and if they do, they will be gone by the second round. Alex Tuch was invisible as were most of the Sabres last night. In fact, it was embarrassing and I'm worried as to what Calgary will do to them (Calgary is a good club with strong goaltending) Let's see if Donnie can at least get them to be competitive and "hard to play against" in this game. I seriously have my doubts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.