Annual NHL Swap Meet Has Begun - Transactions listed Here! (Trade deadline 03/21/22 @ 3pm ET)

GASabresIUFAN

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Does Jarnkrok help set the price for Olofsson?

Betting Mads Mikkelsen GIF by James Bond 007

At the deadline No because I don’t think there would be the competition for VO and the word “gritty” kept being thrown around for Jarnkrok which GMs love for playoff runs. VO isn’t seen in that light. 

If it is an off-season trade then maybe something similar.

Edited by Flashsabre

23 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Ziti has done a masterful job with Florida but this move is questionable 

18 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Miller for a 2023 1st from...  anyone! We don't even need the 4th and a prospect.

Had He been healthy all season, this easily would have been the return 

Not sure what Zito is thinking.

2CB15478-164D-4FC7-A1D3-A106AA68AE43.jpeg

81474027-8177-4C80-ADE3-18D2E7619A92.jpeg

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think you can still get a first for Miller because he will draw back into the lineup today and teams can see he is healthy. Since he wont also require a prospect or shouldn't, teams that are in the playoff arms race will be very interested. 

If Adams gets 1st for Miller it's because he has mind control powers.

• Haha (+1) 1

Be prepared to not get much more than a 3rd for anybody we trade especially from the defense. I'm guessing that if Anderson and Olofsson are ok with it they'll get moved but if they want to stay, they'll stay. Our best bet of getting something better lies in how much money we'll retain in a 3 way trade.

25 minutes ago, jsb said:

Be prepared to not get much more than a 3rd for anybody we trade especially from the defense. I'm guessing that if Anderson and Olofsson are ok with it they'll get moved but if they want to stay, they'll stay. Our best bet of getting something better lies in how much money we'll retain in a 3 way trade.

The Sabres don't have a 3rd in 2023 and I expect KA will have one by the Deadline.  I'm also ok with getting picks and cap dumps for our limited trade pieces.  These picks can then be packaged to help acquire the goaltending and Power partner that we need.  

As to VO being traded, while I'm firmly in the camp that KA should listen to offers and being open to taking a good one because I don't see him as a core piece, I believe it's much more likely that KA re-signs to a 3-4 year deal.

To me the players to watch are Pysyk and Hinostroza.  Both have done more then we hoped this season and would be good depth to keep next year.  The question is where do they fit in KA's vision of the team if at all. The Athletic article on the partner for Power discusses what a good piece Pysyk is in the locker room. That could easily tip the scales in his favor regarding being re-signed.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

If Adams gets 1st for Miller it's because he has mind control powers.

If Adams gets a first for Miller it's likely he has pictures of the other GM intermingling with a busty naked woman who isn't his significant other. I don't believe that KA could get a second round pick for Miller. If he is dealt and the return is a third or fourth I would consider it a fair deal. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.