GDT: Lightning @ Sabres 7pm ET, Jan 11th 2022, msg-b wgr espn+

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Is RJ on the mic tonight? I'm watching the TB feed because it's fun to scope out opposition production values.

RJ on the horn tonight 

Just now, Slack_in_MA said:

Not watching but catching lowlights on NHL Network. They were selling the Sabres for lackadaisical back check on that second goal. “That’s called hanging your goalie out to dry”.

That was Quinner Quinner chicken dinner’s man.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Is RJ on the mic tonight? I'm watching the TB feed because it's fun to scope out opposition production values.

Yes.  Your wasting an RJ broadcast.  It’s the only thing good to offer.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It's is funny to me that some of you think the sabres should be scoring on these breakaways. 

Why would anyone ever think that? They never score on breakaways. Thomas Vanek was the last sabre to score on a breakaway. That was 14 years ago. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I can't possibly watch until next season but I gotta say, you people that are still clinging on to this train wreck have my utmost respect as hockey fans. Only a few years ago I could not fall asleep for hours after a tough loss and now, it feels like the team has already moved to a different city. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I can't possibly watch until next season but I gotta say, you people that are still clinging on to this train wreck have my utmost respect as hockey fans. Only a few years ago I could not fall asleep for hours after a tough loss and now, it feels like the team has already moved to a different city. 

c9d534d2-d097-4185-88d7-0a1fba12f55f_text.gif.cafb522aa1d735ce5e39f0043ba4be61.gif

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Like you, I have EXTREMELY low expectations for this season, but what bothers me most is the difference in the compete level recently vs the beginning of the season. I guess losing can do that when you lack veteran leadership (and a relatively consistent lineup with NHL-level talent). I just hope we don’t kill the youngsters’ enthusiasm and hope.

No easy answers, still.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.