GDT: Lightning @ Sabres 7pm ET, Jan 11th 2022, msg-b wgr espn+

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

At least 6 of these players won't be with the team next year, 7 if they don' t take hinostroza back.

To be clear: Eakin, Hinostroza, Jankowski, Hayden, Miller, Pysyk, Hagg,Butcher, Subban, Tokarski, Caggiula, Anderson, Ofalvie, and (yes) Johnny Boychuk. You want any of these back, gonna have to fight for them on FA market!!!!!

Thanks for platitudes Robbie…..’get on a roll’……

2 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

To be clear: Eakin, Hinostroza, Jankowski, Hayden, Miller, Pysyk, Hagg,Butcher, Subban, Tokarski, Caggiula, Anderson, Ofalvie, and (yes) Johnny Boychuk. You want any of these back, gonna have to fight for them on FA market!!!!!

A who's who of marginal NHL talent.

Edited by Nitro60

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

The nonresponse is what made me turn it off.

***** these pussies.

This is where I am. Whatever happened to the team back in the fall that “might not win a lot, but they’re going to be tough to play against every night”? Did that only apply to that particular collection of players? Was it not a new organizational mindset? And this is a home game. That’s what concerns me most. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

We refused to check anyone that period. The Sabres are playing soft and scared.  Asplund in particular plays no contact hockey.  After the last few games I’m done with him.  He is easy to play against. 

I asked over the past several years that if they are going to lose bring in guys with grit.  Rather see them earn the win than score easy and push the Sabres around.  Team is a reflection of the coach.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

But you also do have to fight for players to fill out the lineup who will compete and will check and will score. And you can't overpay all of them to bring them here.

11 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

They're getting destroyed.  Double digit goals for TB is not out of the question.

7 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

That is an insult to p^ssies. 

They are not soft wet n warm!

Just now, Spoonman said:

They are not soft wet n warm!

image.jpeg.300e42ff7d11b5934ade5e760835386d.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

We refused to check anyone that period. The Sabres are playing soft and scared.  Asplund in particular plays no contact hockey.  After the last few games I’m done with him.  He is easy to play against. 

Asplund has fallen off a cliff this month. I'm not done with him because he has shown himself a good forechecker and has better hands than Larsson ever did...  but he needs a reset. I'd definitely bench him for a game or three once there aren't 5 guys in COVID protocols. Or even while they are.

4 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

This is where I am. Whatever happened to the team back in the fall that “might not win a lot, but they’re going to be tough to play against every night”? Did that only apply to that particular collection of players? Was it not a new organizational mindset? And this is a home game. That’s what concerns me most. 

I think part of what you are seeing is that when "the season is never about winning anyway", at some point, motivation sags. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Asplund has fallen off a cliff this month. I'm not done with him because he has shown himself a good forechecker and has better hands than Larsson ever did...  but he needs a reset. I'd definitely bench him for a game or three once there aren't 5 guys in COVID protocols. Or even while they are.

To my eye, the Asplund I've seen this season is simply not the same player from the end of last season.

1 minute ago, Slack_in_MA said:

They're playing the Stanley Cup champions w/ their full roster including their #1 while the Sabres play w/ their #4 goalie & no Tuch, Thompson, Okposo, Mittelstadt, nor even Krebs.  And Olofsson is a shell of what he was back in October.  This is about as bad a mismatch as you can get in this league.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.