GDT- Sabres at Islanders, 12/30/2021, 7:30pm ET, MSG, WGR

PromoTheRobot

Worst power play effort… Two man advantage and still passing up shots with less than minute in the game… Pathetic… Embarrassing… Who was captaining the power play??..,

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

"Don't look up" on Netflix

I tried to watch it.  Lasted about 40 minutes.  I know it is a satire, but I spent 40 years in aerospace business and this was not my cup of tea. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It is troubling when Tuch is the best player out there. 

Don't read that wrong, I like Tuch. I think I will like him a lot, but he shouldn't be our best player. It speaks to how lousy this team is. Those of you who believe some sort of Krebs Quinn Peterka line will come up next year and miraculously change everything need a reality check. We are a long long long way from being good. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Don't read that wrong, I like Tuch. I think I will like him a lot, but he shouldn't be our best player. It speaks to how lousy this team is. Those of you who believe some sort of Krebs Quinn Peterka line will come up next year and miraculously change everything need a reality check. We are a long long long way from being good. 

Young squad, Pterka looks lost, Krebs not quite there and Chemistry is gone with regulars out including Cozens... doesn't help that DM is not behind the bench, don't see adjustments made by ME that DM makes.  Gonna have to scrap these games til he comes back.  

7 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Tuch doesn't look comfortable yet, which is fine, he hasn't played in more than 6 months.    He'll get better as the season wears on.

Agree… Tuch tried to do too much himself last night… Entered the zone a few times and tried to split defenders only to lose the puck immediately …Like his aggressiveness … Just needs to build some experience with line mates…

8 hours ago, sabremike said:

I worked for them!

I would love to see a game out there in the early fall... see the ponies first bet a trifecta and then go to a game.  Maybe next year.

34 minutes ago, Believer said:

Agree… Tuch tried to do too much himself last night… Entered the zone a few times and tried to split defenders only to lose the puck immediately …Like his aggressiveness … Just needs to build some experience with line mates…

Pair him with Cozens and maybe Skins, guys who have speed and can keep up.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

I would love to see a game out there in the early fall... see the ponies first bet a trifecta and then go to a game.  Maybe next year.

Pair him with Cozens and maybe Skins, guys who have speed and can keep up.

Please don't saddle their best winger w/ Skinner.

12 hours ago, dudacek said:

JohnHayden quietly had has best game of the year. 

I was not entertained.

Hayden was had many games like this one.  He just doesn’t finish.  

12 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Good God are all Isles games boring as hell and unceasingly annoying

Not in last years playoffs.  They were awesome to watch.  I wish the Sabres would bore me like that. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hawerchuk said:

So does he suck or does the defense suck? I still can't figure it out. One thing for sure, Subban sucked in Vegas.

The poor play in front of Subban is not Subban’s fault.  Scoring 1 goal on their backup is not Subban’s fault. 

The loss was a team effort. 

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Skibum said:

That was the worst team I have ever seen take the ice for the Sabres, and that's saying a lot. The Islanders were toying with them the entire game. The Sabres couldn't get possession of the puck, and if they ever did, it was swiftly taken away. A total embarrassment. 

There have been many worse teams in the Pegula era, aka The Dark Ages.  

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Watching the last two games certainly receded the light at the end of the tunnel for me.  A reality check for sure.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.