League Hits Pause

GASabresIUFAN

27 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Are they looking for the "fast forward" button to speed up getting COVID out of the league?

Sorry, but that is never going to happen.  Like the Flu, Covid is going to be here forever. There literally is no way to eliminate this virus.  We haven't exactly eliminated the common cold (also a COVID virus) or the flu in hundreds of years.  At some point the world is just going to have to live with it.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Sorry, but that is never going to happen.  Like the Flu, Covid is going to be here forever. There literally is no way to eliminate this virus.  We haven't exactly eliminated the common cold (also a COVID virus) or the flu in hundreds of years.  At some point the world is just going to have to live with it.  

There is , but means shutting down the world 14 days lol

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

We tried that and it doesn’t work.  All it does is infect more people stuck in the same home or facility as a sick person.  

No China did that , the rest of the world had partial lockdowns.   2 years ago in march entire world should have been shut down a month.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

No China did that , the rest of the world had partial lockdowns.   2 years ago in march entire world should have been shut down a month.

It's not happening in this country.  There are states with NHL teams where this would be illegal to boot.

On 12/21/2021 at 11:43 AM, Huckleberry said:

Still wouldn’t have worked.  The virus can incubate from 3 days to 14 days before symptoms even show if at all.  Once a lockdown occurs someone who may not even have symptoms gets locked down with healthy people and the virus spreads. 

This virus also mutates and quickly.  Remember we haven’t eradicated the Flu or common cold.  How are we ever getting rid of this? The hope is it keeps mutating to weaker and weaker versions like Omicron and we get on with life.  Don’t forget the Flu still kills thousands here each year.

You also can’t relay on anything China says they did or didn’t do.  The research I’ve read says millions may have died there.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Omicron is just starting. We had 0 cases not long in Florida just a few weeks ago and they just had a plane stopped on an international flight from Miami and 17 people tested positive for Omicron.   In 30 days it will be everywhere. Lots of unknowns as this thing is mutating so rapidly. I would not be surprised with another shortened season. 

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Still wouldn’t have worked.  The virus can incubate from 3 days to 14 days before symptoms even show if at all.  Once a lockdown occurs someone who may not even symptoms gets locked down with healthy people and the virus spreads. 

This virus also mutates and quickly.  Remember we haven’t eradicated the Flu or common cold.  How are we ever getting rid of this? The hope is it keeps mutating to weaker and weaker versions like Omicron and we get on with life.  Don’t forget the Flu still kills thousands here each year.

You also can’t relay on anything China says they did or didn’t do.  The research I’ve read says millions may have died there.  

Some rumours I have heard are really ugly.  Let me give you some facts which are not in dispute.  These are accounts I have from people living there.

The start-up I was with at the time had investment from a Chinese firm based in WuHan province.  In June 2019, they sent people over here to work with us on the adjustment needed for the hotter and colder Chinese climates.  They told us that the flu season was extra long and more severe over there.  I would bet money that was the start of the pandemic.  That is 6 months before anyone outside really became aware of it.

We sent people there at the end of December for equipment testing.  When our people were coming back over the Pacific in January, the Chinese locked down WuHan province weeks before western news agencies found out.  There were armed personnel surrounding all the buildings with orders to keep people inside the buildings indefinitely.  The Chinese blocks are like downtown Buffalo with dual use: the lower levels have shops while the higher floors have residences.  Because they still delivered food and such to the residents and businesses, they could keep going with their lives without leaving the building.  Literally, you could live your life without leaving your apartment building.  And so they did for 2 months.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Does the NHL test everyone, even if no symptoms? 

3 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Omicron is just starting. We had 0 cases not long in Florida just a few weeks ago and they just had a plane stopped on an international flight from Miami and 17 people tested positive for Omicron.   In 30 days it will be everywhere. Lots of unknowns as this thing is mutating so rapidly. I would not be surprised with another shortened season. 

Hopefully the 'curve' of spreading goes down as quickly as it goes up.

Right now it may be going through our Family.  A few members had not gotten anything over the last 2 years, fully vaxxed, wear masks indoors even when vaxxed etc.  I don't know if it was Sheas for Hamilton, but a few family members were there last week. Over the weekend a couple of them got sick with the symptoms, now there are 5 family members all showing symptoms.  Not hospital level, but still not comfortable for most of them. We'll see, 2 had covid tests already and are awaiting results.

Again, hopefully this is one of those things that goes down as quickly as it goes up.  Some early data out of South Africa is hopefull that is the case.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Confirming that Steve Yzerman is a moron.

Not sure whether the testing requirements were relaxed in November, the league was going to review them at that time to determine if adjustments to the testing were warranted, but per the league's protocols formulated before the season, ALL players were being tested at least every 3 days regardless of vaccination status.  And supposedly only Tyler Bertuzzi is unvaccinated.

Truly doubt many businesses &/or individuals that have 100% vaccination rates are testing at that frequency as a general rule.  Doubt many at lower levels of blanket vacinnations are testing that frequently either, though readily admit that belief may be misheld.

And, presently, the league has upped that to daily testing.

Just curious, how often are asymptomatic people that aren't by choice now living a hermit's lifestyle in general testing?  And by that, don't mean self assessing & checking their temperatures, but actually getting the swab up the old cranial cavity to verify they're COVID free, at least at the time the test was performed?

18 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not sure whether the testing requirements were relaxed in November, the league was going to review them at that time to determine if adjustments to the testing were warranted, but per the league's protocols formulated before the season, ALL players were being tested at least every 3 days regardless of vaccination status.  And supposedly only Tyler Bertuzzi is unvaccinated.

Truly doubt many businesses &/or individuals that have 100% vaccination rates are testing at that frequency as a general rule.  Doubt many at lower levels of blanket vacinnations are testing that frequently either, though readily admit that belief may be misheld.

And, presently, the league has upped that to daily testing.

Just curious, how often are asymptomatic people that aren't by choice now living a hermit's lifestyle in general testing?  And by that, don't mean self assessing & checking their temperatures, but actually getting the swab up the old cranial cavity to verify they're COVID free, at least at the time the test was performed?

I’m currently at twice a week. My brother is at three. Asymptomatic.

Today was a perfect storm of my anger about this. Mom is really sick, lost jackass unvaxxed workers for weeks, other stuff, and then this while filling up.

59AC79F0-B95E-4A99-BB78-DB33BBD650F9.jpeg

Hey Santa🤪I don’t think you are going to get what you want until those other people get vaccinated with an actual vaccine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.