When Will The Sabres Win A Hockey Game?

bob_sauve28

Sabres have 1 win in the last 10 games (coming against one of four teams who has a worse record than them).

I'm optimistic they'll win vs WSH on Saturday b/c I have a free ticket to that game.

Pessimistically they don't win until the Islanders on 12/27.

Realistically they get a surprise win or two between now and the Isles. All depends on goaltending.

6 minutes ago, HoosierDaddy said:

The scary thing is that for the first time in my life, I don't care. I'm numb to the losing, just like KA and TP.

I am too. First time I've been numb to it that I can remember in my life. 

It's sad, to be sure, but a bit relieving, if I am honest: I find myself as much a Sabres fan as ever, even after "letting go" of this season. Underneath the angst of how bad they are, I was relieved to see my heart still loves the team (not that I doubted, really). They aren't just a habit for me, I always want to be a fan. 

I'm sure if they are ever good again, we'll be able to put the emotion right back where it belongs. 

Edited by Thorny

3 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Sabres have 1 win in the last 10 games (coming against one of four teams who has a worse record than them).

I'm optimistic they'll win vs WSH on Saturday b/c I have a free ticket to that game.

Pessimistically they don't win until the Islanders on 12/27.

Realistically they get a surprise win or two between now and the Isles. All depends on goaltending.

The Isles have to eventually pick it up, no?

15 minutes ago, Ice Cold said:

Last year the longest winless streak was 18 games.

But, you know, last year, the Granato helmed Sabres went 9-16-3 overall.  This year their record is also exactly that, 9-16-3.  So he's 18-32-6 (42pts) after 56 games.  That compares very unfavorably to the start of Kruegers' tenure, which was 24-24-8 (56pts) after 56. 

Housley was 16-30-10, good for 42 points, same exact points as Granato.  Uncanny.

Nolan, in his second stint, had 43 points 56 games.  Rolston had more points (44) in fewer games (51) before getting the boot.

It's not looking great for Granato.  I don't see anything stopping the Sabres from ripping off a dozen losses here.

So I think maybe you're saying it doesn't matter who the coach is? Or at least all the ones they hire. Bylsma was just under .500 🙂

8 hours ago, Ice Cold said:

Last year the longest winless streak was 18 games.

But, you know, last year, the Granato helmed Sabres went 9-16-3 overall.  This year their record is also exactly that, 9-16-3.  So he's 18-32-6 (42pts) after 56 games.  That compares very unfavorably to the start of Kruegers' tenure, which was 24-24-8 (56pts) after 56. 

Housley was 16-30-10, good for 42 points, same exact points as Granato.  Uncanny.

Nolan, in his second stint, had 43 points 56 games.  Rolston had more points (44) in fewer games (51) before getting the boot.

It's not looking great for Granato.  I don't see anything stopping the Sabres from ripping off a dozen losses here.

The Sabres getting the worst goaltending I’ve ever seen at the NHL level may have a little to do with it. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.