GDT- Utica Comets @ Rochester Americans - 7:05 AHLTV

inkman

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Will be really interesting to see if he can maintain the elevated play level.

Well if he manages to keep this team in check he will be doing OK.

They are lighting everyone up so far including the Amerks twice already. 

I'd say anything 3 goals or less is a positive development. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'll be watching the first of a 3-night stand by Steely Dan in Boston.

Which one died, Steely or Dan??

On another note, who on Utica appears to be on the fast track to playing in the NHL (Devils)? Other than Foote none of their names stick out to me.

Edited by jsb
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, jsb said:

On another note, who on Utica appears to be on the fast track to playing in the NHL (Devils)? Other than Foote none of their names stick out to me.

Looks like Holtz most likely.  Both goalies are under 21 and playing really well, but that'll be some time id guess.

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I thought the same thing.  That can't possibly be the nickname used by his teammates?  😂

free?

Free for Sabres STHers that did the full season this year.  (Not sure about if it's also available to 1/2 season holders or those that deferred. Expe t not, but doesn't hurt to ask.)

And the nicknamed is pronounced Oopy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jsb said:

Guitarist Walter Becker was the one who passed on. Donald Fagen, the voice and front man, still plugging away.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Free for Sabres STHers that did the full season this year.  (Not sure about if it's also available to 1/2 season holders or those that deferred. Expe t not, but doesn't hurt to ask.)

And the nicknamed is pronounced Oopy.

It was a last-minute perk addition when the Sabresbucks were delayed. Are full ST's only eligible for Sabresbucks?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Guitarist Walter Becker was the one who passed on. Donald Fagen, the voice and front man, still plugging away.

It was a last-minute perk addition when the Sabresbucks were delayed. Are full ST's only eligible for Sabresbucks?

No they (1/2 & 1/4 season STHers ) aren't eligible for SabreBucks.  So don't expect they will get the Amerks TV.  But again, doesn't hurt to ask.

They also won't get priority to buy Heritage Classic tix.

Edited by Taro T
Clarity

21 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Since Krebs was acquired and assigned to Rochester, I've considered buying AHL TV for the season, but my luck would be, the next day Krebs, Peterka and Quinn all get called up. 😂

At "only" $65 for the Amerks only package, it's still a pretty decent deal.  No commercials is also nice.

How are the play features of AHL TV?   Easy skip-ahead, skip-back dragbars? Little pop-up icons where the goals take place and periods start? (like what NHL TV had and what ESPN+ is sorely lacking)? 

I mean... DarthEbriate can't start commenting on the Younglings games, too. That's too much effort. But I could watch the games.

7 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

How are the play features of AHL TV?   Easy skip-ahead, skip-back dragbars? Little pop-up icons where the goals take place and periods start? (like what NHL TV had and what ESPN+ is sorely lacking)? 

I mean... DarthEbriate can't start commenting on the Younglings games, too. That's too much effort. But I could watch the games.

None of that. It's a stream provided by the home team. There are close ups and replays but it's not like a real TV production. 

You do have the ability to rewind and all the games are archived to watch on demand. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

The Amerks only have the play by play guy on the road and Ric Seiling does color on most home games.

They do have graphics and features but it's mostly a no frills broadcast with some quirky angles and weird replays that don't match up at times.

It's fun as heck to watch the kids this year though, that's for sure!! 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Taro T said:

At "only" $65 for the Amerks only package, it's still a pretty decent deal.  No commercials is also nice.

It is and I’m happy I did it, at least so far.

The production values are not good. You are watching the scoreboard feed, the lighting is bad, the replays are unpredictable and Don Stevens thinks every player is JJ Peterka.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It is and I’m happy I did it, at least so far.

The production values are not good. You are watching the scoreboard feed, the lighting is bad, the replays are unpredictable and Don Stevens thinks every player is JJ Peterka.

Aren't they?

It isn't EVOLUTION, it's Perterkalution.  😉

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OverPowerYou said:

Is there a way to watch these AHL games? 

The legal way in the States is via AHL.tv, specifically w/ either the Amerks package ($64.95 for all Amerks games w/ home or away audio) or the full league pass which is something like 2-3x the single team package price.

Pretty sure that's the provider in CA as well, but our Canadian friends would know who it is for certain.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.