GDT- Utica Comets @ Rochester Americans - 7:05 AHLTV

inkman

27 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

They were, but the Sabres were also wrong in how they handled Dell. People are shredding him for how he played, and he was bad, but he’s barely played in Rochester. 3 games I think. And then you call him up and expect to play well against a team with all that talent? If Dell is you 3rd goalie, he should be playing more often in Rochester. 

UPL was always going to be the number 1 in Rochester once he was sent down 

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

UPL was always going to be the number 1 in Rochester once he was sent down 

Sure, but Dell still could’ve played more often. If you’re depending on him to step in and play in Buffalo, he needs to stay sharp in Rochester, not ride the bench. 

Edited by Amerks8796

31 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

They were, but the Sabres were also wrong in how they handled Dell. People are shredding him for how he played, and he was bad, but he’s barely played in Rochester. 3 games I think. And then you call him up and expect to play well against a team with all that talent? If Dell is you 3rd goalie, he should be playing more often in Rochester. 

#1 priority this season is developing UPL in the AHL to see if he can progress towards the NHL.  Making sure that your 32-year-old third-string NHL goalie stays active by playing down there is of minimal concern.  If this were a serious year in the parent club, that would be a different story.  UPL getting playing time >>>>> the occasional Sabres loss when the backup's backup if forced to play.

Now, if you want to argue that UPL is getting too many starts in too few nights (I'm not saying that he is), then that would be a better reason (this season) for Dell to get more starts.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, carpandean said:

#1 priority this season is developing UPL in the AHL to see if he can progress towards the NHL.  Making sure that your 32-year-old third-string NHL goalie stays active by playing down there is of minimal concern.  If this were a serious year in the parent club, that would be a different story.  UPL getting playing time >>>>> the occasional Sabres loss when the backup's backup if forced to play.

Now, if you want to argue that UPL is getting too many starts in too few nights (I'm not saying that he is), then that would be a better reason (this season) for Dell to get more starts.

Then Sabres fans shouldn’t bitch when he stinks in the NHL. That’s my point. 

And UPL is hardly the number 1 priority. He’s never going to amount to anything. The priority, from a development perspective, is developing Quinn, Peterka and Krebs 

2 hours ago, Amerks8796 said:

And UPL is hardly the number 1 priority. He’s never going to amount to anything. The priority, from a development perspective, is developing Quinn, Peterka and Krebs 

Waaahhhhh!   You remind me of a poster from years gone by named Jason who only came here to bitch about the Sabres FO as it pertained to the Amerks.  Your name doesn’t happen to be Jason, is it?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Waaahhhhh!   You remind me of a poster from years gone by named Jason who only came here to bitch about the Sabres FO as it pertained to the Amerks.  Your name doesn’t happen to be Jason, is it?

No, but I’m not whining. I’m stating facts. Twitter was a cesspool when Dell started. What exactly did people expect? If Dell is your 3rd goalie, he needs to play more often. This isn’t a controversial thought. UPL will get plenty of games regardless. 

I don’t even know what you think I’m whining about. I’m fully resigned to UPL playing and costing the Amerks points this year. It’s a reality of the league. 

Edited by Amerks8796

8 hours ago, Amerks8796 said:

I meant as far as goalies in the system.  This year is more about development than their NHL goalies.

10 hours ago, Amerks8796 said:

And UPL is hardly the number 1 priority. He’s never going to amount to anything.

I copied this post and dated it. In 2 or 3 years, we’ll see if you are spot on, in which I’ll give you credit …

or just a ******* 😬

59 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I copied this post and dated it. In 2 or 3 years, we’ll see if you are spot on, in which I’ll give you credit …

or just a ******* 😬

Sure. I don’t mind being wrong on prospects, just call it as I see it. I doubt it’s too common for a prospect goalie to go from being the worst in the AHL, for a sustained period of time, to NHL goalie. But we’ll see. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.