GDT - Rochester @ Wilkes-Barre/Scranton 7:05 AHLTV

inkman

I think we see a better Krebs compared to his last game. He was fine but he should have gotten some practices and been able to settle in with his surroundings a little. I hope they play him with JJ and Quinn because oh boy will that line have some jam. when you consider JJ is a ball of hate, Krebs is tenacious, Quinn is calmly tenacious which is freaky to me. There is just a lot of skill and no quit between the 3. Also all 3 are good at puck battles, Quinn is probably the smartest but Krebs is close. All play with pace and 2 of 3 have good shots. 

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think we see a better Krebs compared to his last game. He was fine but he should have gotten some practices and been able to settle in with his surroundings a little. I hope they play him with JJ and Quinn because oh boy will that line have some jam. when you consider JJ is a ball of hate, Krebs is tenacious, Quinn is calmly tenacious which is freaky to me. There is just a lot of skill and no quit between the 3. Also all 3 are good at puck battles, Quinn is probably the smartest but Krebs is close. All play with pace and 2 of 3 have good shots. 

@PerreaultForever asking about Adams-type players needs to watch that line.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Are all the games on ahltv?  On Rochester cable, do they show all Amerks games?

Just trying to figure out how these broadcasts are profitable?

Only select Amerks games are on TV in Rochester.  Usually 5-6 games a season.  I haven’t heard about any for this season yet.  AHLTV is strictly pay per view or a season type package.  I forked over the $70 for this Amerks season (that’s roughly equal to one trip to the BCA for me for one game for a ticket, concessions etc).  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Are all the games on ahltv?  On Rochester cable, do they show all Amerks games?

Just trying to figure out how these broadcasts are profitable?

Whether the TV (internet) broadcast is profitable might be the wrong way to look at this.  The radio broadcast almost definitely is & the announcers, producer & the audio technicians are already figured into the costs.

The parent club & likely the Amerks coaches themselves want to have video of how the kids played & now that there's a fancy video board in rink, they're going to already have paid for at least some cameras & crew to cover the needs of those groups.

So, what are the actual costs specifically related to the TV broadcast?  Maybe a couple of extra cameras & the infrastructure / bodies to run them.  That can't be too much & is partially offset by the subscribers to the AHL.tv package & by marginal increases in the value of the rink advertising.  Plus, if the broadcasts are unprofitable per the accountants, they get to write off those losses and lower their tax bill.

• Like (+1) 1

Peterka just missed.  Hit the near post.  The Amerks were all over the Pens crease.  Just couldn't finish. 

‐-‐‐------------------------

Don Steven's is now referring to everybody as Peterka.  Malone actually had the puck.  He's gonna force people to actually watch to figure out who's doing what.

[Edit: comments were actually a couple of minutes apart.  Didn't mean to imply Malone was the guy that hit the pipe.]

Edited by Taro T

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.