Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Weird. Supposedly nothing bad happened he just is resigning 

Supposedly nothing bad happened?  Did you not watch Tuesday's main event?  He got run over by a Buffalo herd & took it personal not realizing he won't be the last to have it happen to his squad (as Thursday's main event demonstrated).  😉

Let's not forget the losses like the one to Arizona where we let them shut us out in our barn. Losing to the Canucks, lots of talent but a power play , horrible PK for years, etc...

Is past due date was over. Let's hope Lowry can get them into the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Let's not forget the losses like the one to Arizona where we let them shut us out in our barn. Losing to the Canucks, lots of talent but a power play , horrible PK for years, etc...

Is past due date was over. Let's hope Lowry can get them into the playoffs.

The Jets clearly make organizational consistency the name of the game whenever possible, so when we see a coach leave, I have to assume they are truly at the end of their rope in terms of their message still being transmissible to the players. 

Maurice was, what, coach 2 since they came back for the 11-12 season, 10 years ago? 11 seasons and they've had 2 coaches until today? It's something. 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Once they make it to February, sure 

I'm talking like within a matter of days ... or hours.

Also, it strikes me that the professional leagues' COVID protocols are an ill fit for the Omicron wave. They're going to have to revamp their rules because, under their current rules, they just won't be able to play. It'll be impossible.

4 hours ago, Ducky said:

Yup, time for somebody else to lead the team. I'm glad he's gone.

You asked for it.

The next guy will probably get the burn back pretty quickly with that bunch. 

What is is about that new coach smell? 

New guy comes in and goes on a streak like Boudreau in Vancouver.

Gallant in NY has them pacing for a high finish and sure playoff birth. 

Anyways, good luck with your new guy they'll probably go on a run. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I would imagine the NHL could shut down at any time and just use the Feb window to schedule the missed games if needed. 

They could cut and paste it right into however many weeks they need. 

They could but they shouldn’t as it really wouldn’t accomplish anything overall. A pause would give COViD teams a chance to heal but doesn’t accomplish anything else. That’s why team by team pauses make more sense.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

They could but they shouldn’t as it really wouldn’t accomplish anything overall. A pause would give COViD teams a chance to heal but doesn’t accomplish anything else. That’s why team by team pauses make more sense.

I don't think it'll matter either way but I doubt they're going to the Olympics anymore so they'll have some time if they want.

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

It also doesn't account for the possibility of a team that would've gotten that break getting an outbreak during February & then having to squeeze 2 extra weeks of games into the remainder of the season.  ('Cause, no, that wouldn't be the Sabre-iest thing to happen to the boys this season, so of course the league will do it that way.)

2 hours ago, Norcal said:

You asked for it.

Lowry is taking over for the rest of the season. If he doesn't get them into the 2nd round, they should clean house this summer.

Harder to do that mid-season but I wouldn't balk at Julien. Lambert would be another one and I can hope that the Isles do poorly and Trotz is fired and comes home to Manitoba.

I'm sure Chevy is watching what Lowry will do with them and will be grading him along with all the other candidates this summer.

I'm interested to see if Lowry can get a fire going under Scheif's ass. He needs to play some D and keep his frickin shifts shorter. If he can get Scheif and Ehlers going with the season PLD and KC are having, we'll make the playoffs. If we don't make the playoffs, Chevy will clean house.

6 hours ago, Norcal said:

You asked for it.

Narrator: