Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

Blues down to heir fourth string goalie as well 

MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Mo. -- Charlie Lindgren, the fourth-string goalie for the St. Louis Blues, could start their next three games.

Lindgren, behind Jordan Binnington, Ville Husso and Joel Hofer on the depth chart, is expected to start against the Detroit Red Wings on Thursday (8 p.m. ET; BSMW, BSDET, ESPN+, ESPN LIVE) and could play against the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday and against the Anaheim Ducks on Sunday with Binnington (NHL COVID-19 protocol) and Husso (lower body) sidelined.

https://www.nhl.com/news/blues-turn-to-fourth-string-goalie-lindgren/c-328797868

2 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Blues down to heir fourth string goalie as well 

MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Mo. -- Charlie Lindgren, the fourth-string goalie for the St. Louis Blues, could start their next three games.

Lindgren, behind Jordan Binnington, Ville Husso and Joel Hofer on the depth chart, is expected to start against the Detroit Red Wings on Thursday (8 p.m. ET; BSMW, BSDET, ESPN+, ESPN LIVE) and could play against the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday and against the Anaheim Ducks on Sunday with Binnington (NHL COVID-19 protocol) and Husso (lower body) sidelined.

https://www.nhl.com/news/blues-turn-to-fourth-string-goalie-lindgren/c-328797868

He came in in relief of Husso in a 3-3 tie with 10 mins left in the 3rd against Florida and got the win in OT a couple nights ago.

He made some great saves along the way. 

Watch him get lit the ***** up next time.

Goalies are weird.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Don't look now, but Rangers are in serious trouble. They lost their starting goalie and are now down to fourth stringer

https://bluelinestation.com/2021/12/05/new-york-rangers-potential-trade-options-goalies/

I’ll have no problem sending them Subban for a 3rd. In fact, if I were KA, I’d troll the Rags by floating a rumor they’ve explored trading for Subban. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, kas23 said:

I’ll have no problem sending them Subban for a 3rd. In fact, if I were KA, I’d troll the Rags by floating a rumor they’ve explored trading for Subban. 

Good.  I can’t stand that team.  Actually the only NY area sports team I’m ok with is the Islanders.  

• Like (+1) 1

So it seems everyone is making fun of the Devils' new third jersey, a jersey that just says Jersey across the front.  Pretty generic.

image.png.755699bbcfb39ecb2660c60edc2afba7.png

What surprises me is no one seems to have taken notice of the barcode stripes.  BEEP  BOOP.  That'll be $29.64 with tax, sir.

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

So it seems everyone is making fun of the Devils' new third jersey, a jersey that just says Jersey across the front.  Pretty generic.

image.png.755699bbcfb39ecb2660c60edc2afba7.png

What surprises me is no one seems to have taken notice of the barcode stripes.  BEEP  BOOP.  That'll be $29.64 with tax, sir.

Wow that’s a terrible looking sweater.  No originality to speak of.. just insipid all the way around. 

This Bruin one always made me laugh.  The bear looks like it needs a nap, or some sympathy.

81CDCF58-F324-4324-8E7A-BEEFB6D050E7.jpeg

Edited by SABRESfan
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Yeah....that's not good. That's not good at all. That's not even good as a shirt you'd sell in the team store let alone your on-ice sweater. Your team name is the freaking Devils and this is the best thing your crack design team could come up with?  They should have at least spelled it Joisey to make it clear that they weren't just naming the article of clothing. Maybe put FUGGETABADDIT inside the collar. 

It's almost like they're trying to do a Steve Buschemi "Music Band" T-shirt tribute for no apparent reason.

At least they're showing that they're a US based team.  If they were Canadian it should say "Sweater."

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, SABRESfan said:

This Bruin one always made me laugh.  The bear looks like it needs a nap, or some sympathy.

81CDCF58-F324-4324-8E7A-BEEFB6D050E7.jpeg

I don't remember that version but keep in mind a "bruin" is a BABY bear. I'm kind of surprised that aspect hasn't been used more as a taunt. Guess the "big bad" rep trumped it. 

But what do I know, I loved the red black and white Sabres jerseys and I know not many people are with me on that one. 

22 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

I really think he is here to be the GM.  Maybe as early as next season when Adams becomes President of Hockey Operations.

I'd be happy to keep him around a while to see how his influence can move the needle forward.

Losing him now would not be ideal imo

2 hours ago, Norcal said:

Hopefully Karamanos is enjoying being out from under Rutherford and isn't interested in the job. 

Rutherford did fire him, so hopefully there are some hard feelings 

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

I really think he is here to be the GM.  Maybe as early as next season when Adams becomes President of Hockey Operations.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't remember that version but keep in mind a "bruin" is a BABY bear. I'm kind of surprised that aspect hasn't been used more as a taunt. Guess the "big bad" rep trumped it. 

But what do I know, I loved the red black and white Sabres jerseys and I know not many people are with me on that one. 

That red & black Sabres “goat” logo was badass, but the current one is clean and just classic.. very pleasant to the eye.  

The Bruins did have that grizzly-like bear logo before.  The best logo they ever had imo.  That thing looks possessed!  They should bring it back.

C6299DAF-D5DD-451F-AFEA-0009195A0EFF.webp

1 hour ago, SABRESfan said:

That red & black Sabres “goat” logo was badass, but the current one is clean and just classic.. very pleasant to the eye.  

The Bruins did have that grizzly-like bear logo before.  The best logo they ever had imo.  That thing looks possessed!  They should bring it back.

C6299DAF-D5DD-451F-AFEA-0009195A0EFF.webp

There's nothing best about this team ever. Nothing. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

To be honest perhaps Adams will stay GM in order to be a figure head and media guy whereas Karmanos takes care of the more GM work without the stress of media scrutiny. 

This is probably the set up right now and we just don’t know it.