Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

30 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Hi @Brawndo or anyone else…how do you embed a tweet like this into a post?

I just paste it in and it automagically renders like that.  Maybe it doesn't work with mobile links, but it does with desktop links for sure.  I also make sure that if there are any optional parameters (question marks with a bunch of equals expressions) I cut those off the link including the question mark (not sure if that makes a difference).

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, inkman said:

I mean I believe he said it and that the number 40 exists.  It just sounds like a number someone would throw out without actually knowing how many candidates there are or hasn’t yet bothered to do the work to even determine how many candidates there are.  

Well Rutherford's been around a long time and has a lot of connections and relationships so the owner probably said make a list of potential candidates and he just starting writing down names. I mean you can get half that list or more just from putting down assistant GMs .

Poor bergy, nobody stuck up for him. I love it!!

https://bostonhockeynow.com/2021/12/13/frederic-we-should-have-done-more-to-protect-boston-bruins-captain/

"That Forsberg hit was pretty dirty. Unfortunately, it’s hard sometimes because I’m not out there with Forsberg. So, I’ve got to try and go after one of their star players, maybe like a Roman Josi. That’s what I can do. Sometimes you have to take a number,” said Frederic

Teams still live by the code no matter who likes it or not.

Some of them are more serious about it than others. 

I’d guess Taxi squads and more testing is around the corner for this NHL season.

I also believe the NHLPA and NHL will pull out of the Olympics due to mandates in China that could trap players there for over a month.

They’ll use the 3 weeks to make up postponed games; and give all the teams a week off in a staggered order. My question would be if the NHLPA bans AHLers with two way contracts from going as well?

• Like (+1) 1

Matthews is the one that got away.

He has 13 goals in the last 10 games.

That includes 2 tonight v McDavid and the slumping Oilers who have lost 6 in a row now.

Their worst such streak since 2018. 

20 goals on the season now and To with 20 wins.

Smh. Some day again.