Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't remember that version but keep in mind a "bruin" is a BABY bear. I'm kind of surprised that aspect hasn't been used more as a taunt. Guess the "big bad" rep trumped it. 

But what do I know, I loved the red black and white Sabres jerseys and I know not many people are with me on that one. 

Bruin just means bear.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bruin

A baby bear is a cub.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Easy to mock, but if they keep Rutherford on as a sort of uber boss "senior advisor" type roll where he can stop JBot from doing dumb things while also using his league wide connections it could work. 

The Irony is that the Pittsburgh Media reported Botterill, Guerin and now Jeff Marek stated Karmanos filled that exact role with Rutherford 

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

The Irony is that the Pittsburgh Media reported Botterill, Guerin and now Jeff Marek stated Karmanos filled that exact role with Rutherford 

Well that's what you need, a braintrust of differing views so that they look at all sides properly. It's too much for one guy. 

Rutherford has said he has a list of 40 GM candidates to consider. JBot likely just one of those. 

48 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well that's what you need, a braintrust of differing views so that they look at all sides properly. It's too much for one guy. 

Rutherford has said he has a list of 40 GM candidates to consider. JBot likely just one of those. 

Forty?  That can’t be a real number.  

Never mind the title, Karmanos’ role in Vancouver would be pretty much identical to his role in Buffalo, no?

One would think a move would have to pretty much come down to his relationship with Adams versus his relationship with Rutherford, and the degree of investment he has in the work and the people so far here.

29 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I mean I believe he said it and that the number 40 exists.  It just sounds like a number someone would throw out without actually knowing how many candidates there are or hasn’t yet bothered to do the work to even determine how many candidates there are.  

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

I mean I believe he said it and that the number 40 exists.  It just sounds like a number someone would throw out without actually knowing how many candidates there are or hasn’t yet bothered to do the work to even determine how many candidates there are.  

Well, to get Botterill back onto the "short" list, would make sense the list is actually pretty long.  😉

• Haha (+1) 1