Washington reclaims Alex Jonsson-Fjallby Off Waiver

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Euro hockey?  Play with the other Europeans? idk. 

I would be looking at the Bruins forwards (they have way too many) (Lazar?) and the Kraken D (Borgen?) among others. 

I’d take Lazar back in a hot second. It may not always be good enough, but you get his best effort on every shift which is a lot more than I can say for some of the dead weight we’ve had around here.

• Like (+1) 8

6 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Euro hockey?  Play with the other Europeans? idk. 

I would be looking at the Bruins forwards (they have way too many) (Lazar?) and the Kraken D (Borgen?) among others. 

If the Sabres do get those 2 back (and the team would improve from what they have today), they can pretty much head into the season with the same team they iced last year minus their top goalie, top line, & top D pairing, along with losing Staal, which is a net positive & Montour which is a net negative.

Not sure why ticket sales are down.  😄

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

So he gets paid the same amount regardless of whether he's in the A or in the NHL? (I forget how that works, precisely.)

Two-way deal, so he'd likely get paid some lower salary in the A, but not as little as an AHL player on an AHL contract.  See below.

And he's (obviously) not waivers-exempt, so he'd have to clear waivers to be sent down to Rochester.  This is an NHL tryout scavenging WSH's carrion.  That said, his projections are somewhat interesting:

https://dobberprospects.com/player/axel-jonsson-fjallby/

AJF could wind up as a steal for where he was drafted for the Capitals in the mold of Marcus Johansson, but to keep expectations within reason if he makes the Capitals he could be a middle-six forward.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2021/06/07/capitals-re-sign-axel-jonsson-fjallby-to-two-year-two-way-contract/

On the three-year anniversary of the Capitals’ Stanley Cup championship, Washington announced that they re-signed minor-leaguer Axel Jonsson-Fjallby to a two-year, two-way contract that will keep the speedy, defensive-minded Swede in the organization through 2023.

Jonsson-Fjallby, known for his immaculate flow, had a big year offensively in the AHL, finishing third on the Hershey Bears in goals (10) and setting a career-high in goals per game (.32).

The contract will pay the 23-year-old Jonsson-Fjallby $175k during the 2021-22 season and $225k during the 2022-23 campaigns in the AHL. If he ends up at the NHL level, he’ll make the veteran minimum of $750k.

During the fall and winter months of the pandemic, AJF was loaned to Vastervik IK of the second-tier HockeyAllsvenskan, tallying 15 points (4g, 11a) in 25 games before returning to Hershey. (IKP note: this is not where Asplund was loaned to.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.