Robin Lehner goes off on buffalo again.

Buffalonill

9 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

The person responsible was fired after only 8 months with the team

Lehner is on a personal vendetta and comes off as a prick impo who just needs the attention. Good riddance. 

20 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Well he’s now calling out the NHLPA about it

He's a loudmouth who wants attention and sadly the Buffalo media has sided with him. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The person responsible was fired after only 8 months with the team

Lehner is on a personal vendetta and comes off as a prick impo who just needs the attention. Good riddance. 

He's a loudmouth who wants attention and sadly the Buffalo media has sided with him. 

I’d have a vendetta to if they ***** my ankle up like that.  The Sabres hired that guy. You think he should be forgiving them? Like oh it’s all good you screwed up my ankle I still love you 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I’d have a vendetta to if they ***** my ankle up like that.  The Sabres hired that guy. You think he should be forgiving them? Like oh it’s all good you screwed up my ankle I still love you 

Yes. Yes he ***** should. 

I don't go around bitching about lehner being a drunk. He needs to move on, he has no clue what's going on and it shows. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yes. Yes he ***** should. 

I don't go around bitching about lehner being a drunk. He needs to move on, he has no clue what's going on and it shows. 

You shouldn’t bitch about him being a drunk because he was self medicating from a mental illness. He has more of a clue than all of us here combined.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 9/29/2021 at 10:50 PM, K-9 said:

When Lehrer first spoke about his demons, he was very effusive in his praise of the entire Sabres staff for helping him get the help he needed and the continued support they provided. He had nothing but nice things to say at the time. 

Fast forward a year later or so when he was having great success with the Islanders and it was a whole different story. He trashed the organization and then he saw fit to trash the fans and that’s where he lost me. I sincerely wish him well in his recovery, but I don’t have any other kind words for him. He can go screw himself for taking cheap shots at us fans. 

His comments about the fans are spot on. He is 100% right for calling them out. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kr632 said:

Players calling out fans for disapproving of their play on the ice is 100% right? Can’t agree with that at all. It is 100% my prerogative as a fan to call out poor effort. Maybe he shouldn’t have gone 0.00% in shootouts over the course of a season instead. 

I wish him well in his continued recovery. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

You shouldn’t bitch about him being a drunk because he was self medicating from a mental illness. He has more of a clue than all of us here combined.

As part of “all of us here combined” I feel qualified when I say, that ain’t saying much. We set a very low bar.😄

23 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

No he doesn't. You think lehner has any clue what's going on inside an organization with 95% turnover since he left?

I absolutely can comment on him self medicating as a fan of the team because it started long before his ankle injury. The guy is blowhard.

16 minutes ago, Kr632 said:

Lol what crap. 

For the record I said nothing about his mental issues at the time but if he wants come out of left field and ***** all over Buffalo, fine mofo batter up. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Lehner was paid large sums of money by this club. And he clearly had issues but he didn’t do right by the team by hiding his issues and playing drunk. 
Sorry, not sorry, but I could give two shats about what he has to say about the team. He should look at his behavior while a Sabre and keep his yap shut. 

It unfortunate that most of the Twitter replies think this is a recent or current thing.   Social media is often an irresponsible communication tool.  

Sounds like he got bad treatment and the doctor was removed.   That is unfortunate.  

Lehner does not mention mention his role, his past state of mind, his drinking, substance abuse, and the hiding of his problems…  Lehner is not the only victim here.  I think a case can be made that his behavior was a breach of contract.  He certainly sold his teammates out and hurt the team with his behavior and performance.  

• Like (+1) 3

One thing I’ve learned in life is if you are in a vulnerable spot people love to kick you when you are down. The Sabres are probably at the lowest they have been in their history in regards to  fan perception and guys like Robin and the media are just the types to kick you in the face when you least expect it. Anyone can throw a sucker punch. We’ll likely see a lot more of this crap before this ever gets turned around. 

• Like (+1) 2

Lehner was suffering from mental illness while with Buffalo. As a means of self-medicating, he was drinking heavily. He supposedly got help, and had been clean.

His recent rants are reminiscent of what someone with mental illness says and does. I’m curious if he has relapsed. 

6 hours ago, aristocrat said:

If you think self-medicating a mental illness with alcohol is wise, you are the one that is clueless. What an irresponsible comment. You should be ashamed. 

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

His recent rants are reminiscent of what someone with mental illness says and does. I’m curious if he has relapsed. 

Maybe, but being an idiot and having mental illness aren't mutually exclusive afflictions. Methinks Lehner got his treatment for the latter, but the former is much more persistent.

18 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

No he doesn't. You think lehner has any clue what's going on inside an organization with 95% turnover since he left?

I absolutely can comment on him self medicating as a fan of the team because it started long before his ankle injury. The guy is blowhard.

Lol what crap. 

For the record I said nothing about his mental issues at the time but if he wants come out of left field and ***** all over Buffalo, fine mofo batter up.

I've watched sabre fans verbally and physically attack disabled fans at the arena(me being one of them).

My family gave up their seasons after fans threw stuff at them and verbally attacked them for cheering when the sabres scored during the tank year.

a group home had to leave in second period because a bunch of people near the handicapped section kept making fun of them. 

The fans yell terrible things at the players. The players at the time called the fans out too. 

***** you and anyone else that defends that type of behavior. 

I never mentioned you but you got real defensive. Seems like you're one of the POS that attack people with mental illness and disabilities 

Edited by Kr632

18 hours ago, K-9 said:

Players calling out fans for disapproving of their play on the ice is 100% right? Can’t agree with that at all. It is 100% my prerogative as a fan to call out poor effort. Maybe he shouldn’t have gone 0.00% in shootouts over the course of a season instead. 

I wish him well in his continued recovery. 

It wasnt just calling out poor effort. You know this don't act so dense. 

Just now, Kr632 said:

It wasnt just calling out poor effort. You know this don't act so dense. 

No, I don’t know that. My personal experience, from sitting next to the Sabres bench game after game, was fans getting on him for not being able to stop a puck in a shootout or on a breakaway during a game. What else was there to boo him for? Are you suggesting fans mocked his mental illness? When they didn’t even know about it? C’mon, what else were we booing him for? Try answering that before you start hurling insults about people being dense. 

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

No, I don’t know that. My personal experience, from sitting next to the Sabres bench game after game, was fans getting on him for not being able to stop a puck in a shootout or on a breakaway during a game. What else was there to boo him for? Are you suggesting fans mocked his mental illness? When they didn’t even know about it? C’mon, what else were we booing him for? Try answering that before you start hurling insults about people being dense. 

People yell all types of stuff. If you think drunk people only talk about the poor play on ice you truly are dense

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.