Kevyn Adams Discloses in his Presser that Eichel is No Longer the Buffalo Sabres Captain

Brawndo

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

25th, 25th, 45th

Those are the draft positions of the best line in hockey.

You draft well throughout all rounds and develop well.

You don't get worse to get better. Period. And you certainly don't keep trying that when it doesn't work time after time. That's just ***** stupid.

I don't even know who those players are you are referring to, and I'm not going to cherry pick a 'line' or certain players on a team. Lets keep it very simple.  Take a look at the top 10 scorers in the NHL last season and see what was the position overall in the draft they were taken:

1, 3, 71, 4,10,1,1,1,7,1.

So, of the top 10 scorers, 5 of them were first overall picks.   7 of them top 5 overall picks.  Every single one except for 1 was a top 10 overall pick.

Looks to me like high draft picks are a good place to start. 

Oh, and 6 of the last 8 years....8 of the last 12 years....the cup winning team had a first overall pick on it that was a major part of the team (and in most cases, several top 10 picks).  EVERY single one of those teams that won the cup had at least a top 5 overall pick and in most cases more than 1 top 5 pick.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

They did that in 2015 and look were it got us.

The cherry on top was they tried it out in 2014 and look where that got us.

Once again, with emphasis ... BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER!!

The mistake wasn’t the tank itself, it was how TM used the assets from the tank.  For example we traded away our organizational depth and he failed to draft well.   He also used the key assets on acquiring malcontents and injury players like Kane, Bogo, ROR and Lehner.  We have never recovered.

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

You are not helping me in dealing with our friend here ... lol!!

You are definitely helping me deal with out resident tankster ... lol!!

Sorry!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I don't even know who those players are you are referring to, and I'm not going to cherry pick a 'line' or certain players on a team. Lets keep it very simple.  Take a look at the top 10 scorers in the NHL last season and see what was the position overall in the draft they were taken:

1, 3, 71, 4,10,1,1,1,7,1.

So, of the top 10 scorers, 5 of them were first overall picks.   7 of them top 5 overall picks.  Every single one except for 1 was a top 10 overall pick.

Looks to me like high draft picks are a good place to start. 

Oh, and 6 of the last 8 years....8 of the last 12 years....the cup winning team had a first overall pick on it that was a major part of the team (and in most cases, several top 10 picks).  EVERY single one of those teams that won the cup had at least a top 5 overall pick and in most cases more than 1 top 5 pick.

It was Boston's top Line.

How can you guys continue to miss the point? 

Go over the rosters of all teams, even losing teams. They all have just as many if not more 1st overall picks on them and many top five picks. Look at the Sabres FFS! Last year we had 2 1st and 3 2nd OAs.

Collecting early draft talent does not ensure winning.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Rebuild vs Tank.  We are rebuilding in general.  However, KA is clearly tanking this season in order to draft a replacement for Eichel.  No other way to explain pivoting from Ullmark to Anderson/Dell.  This is going from playoff caliber goaltending to AHL level goaltending.

I will hold the handling of Ullmark against KA. He should have traded him last deadline. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

It was Boston's top Line.

How can you guys continue to miss the point? 

Go over the rosters of all teams, even losing teams. They all have just as many if not more 1st overall picks on them and many top five picks. Look at the Sabres FFS! Last year we had 2 1st and 3 2nd OAs.

Collecting early draft talent does not ensure winning.

But NOT collecting early draft talent usually means you AREN'T going to win big. 

And as far as Bostons top line being the best?  I don't agree and many others don't agree.  

Let me bottom line it for you.  Collecting early draft talent may not ENSURE winning, but it sure as hell gives you a better chance than teams that don't have it.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I will hold the handling of Ullmark against KA. He should have traded him last deadline. 

Yep.  A miscalculation.  On the other hand, what would have have gotten for an expiring UFA?  He should have gotten something if he knew Ullmark was leaving, but it wouldn't have been a first rounder or a roster player.  Once he passed that gate though, I think he did the right thing by not giving Ullmark the $/term it would have taken to keep him.  This year may be a challenge in goal but there are prospects in the system and this is a year for growth, not contention.

Additionally, if Ullmark made it clear (after the trade deadline) he didn't want to be here, well KA is jettisoning the malcontents anyway.  Bye bye.

30 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

We have plenty of functioning alcoholics on here that do much better. 

reporting tv land GIF by Teachers on TV Land

1 hour ago, inkman said:

This feels like it should be the onion not the most credible source of hockey info out there 

Just like the Onion, it's funny because deep down it's true.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.