Sabrespace Seattle Expansion Draft

GASabresIUFAN

We need 29 people (28 plus me) to each take a team, except FLA which the Seattle taking their UFA goalie is in the news.  Look at their list of available players and have a couple ideas on who you think they will draft.

We'll go in alphabetical order.  One Team per person please.  Rules must draft a min of 14F, 9 D, 3G with 20 NHL contracts worth at least 48.9 mill (and no more 81.5)

I'll go last and take Winnipeg. 

Who wants to begin with Anaheim and Arizona?  Please post player, position, cap hit and contract status.

1. Ana - Henrique - C - 5.825    

2. Ariz - Bunting - LW - UFA

3. Bos - Lauzon - D - 850K

4. Buf - Borgen - D - RFA (drafted)

5. Cgy - Giordano - D - 6.75

6. Car - Bean - D - RFA

7. Chi - Zadarov - D - RFA 

8. Col - Compher - W/C - 3.5

9. CBJ - Gerbe - W - 750K

10. Dal - Mascherin - C - RFA

11. Det - Strecher - D - 1.7 mill

12. Edm - Benson - LW - RFA

13. Fla - Driedger - G - UFA - signed by the Kraken

14. LA - Wagner - C - 1.133

15. Min - Rask - C - 4 mill  Alt (

16. Mon - Price - G - 10 mill

17. Nsh - Jarnkrok - F - 2 mill 

18. NJ - Bastian - RW - 715K

19. NYI - Bellows - C/LW - RFA

20. NYR - Blackwell - C/RW - 725K

21. Ott - Tierney - C - 3.5 mill

22. Phi - Ghost - D - 4.5

23. Pit - Pettersson - D - 4.025

24. SJ - Donato - LW - RFA

25. Stl - Tarasenko - RW -7.5 mill

26. TB - Gourde - C - 5.167

27. Tor - McCann - LW - 2.94

28. Van - Bowey - D - 725K

29. Wsh - Vanacek - G - 716K

30. Wpg - DeMelo - D - 3 mill

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

I'll take Calgary. Given the info from Elliot Friedman - A first and third was the ask. I think Seattle are in for Giordano and will give him the C in the inaugural season. And at one season left at 6.75M will give them the tough veteran presence they may be looking for.

Columbus

10 picks in and we've already got 5 defensemen...  Lots of defensemen later in the alphabet. I count 3 that should be their team's picks. Columbus should be Dean Kukan RHD 1 year / $1.65M then UFA. Then, look to trade him if necessary. That's the sane pick.

However, in an alternate reality... Pu, Stenlund, Sherwood, meh. Grigorenko is KHL-bound. Nah, give me a guy who'll pass through waivers and be a feisty 20-game call up veteran when injuries hit, then pass right back through waivers. Your one-year "Seattle-captain" of the AHL Charlotte Checkers (shared with Florida). He's got the experience to keep a partial team together. Plus, the fans love him when he mixes it up with someone twice his size. F Nathan Gerbe.  1 x $750k.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Columbus

10 picks in and we've already got 5 defensemen...  Lots of defensemen later in the alphabet. I count 3 that should be their team's picks. Columbus should be Dean Kukan RHD 1 year / $1.65M then UFA. Then, look to trade him if necessary. That's the sane pick.

However, in an alternate reality... Pu, Stenlund, Sherwood, meh. Grigorenko is KHL-bound. Nah, give me a guy who'll pass through waivers and be a feisty 20-game call up veteran when injuries hit, then pass right back through waivers. Your one-year "Seattle-captain" of the AHL Charlotte Checkers (shared with Florida). He's got the experience to keep a partial team together. Plus, the fans love him when he mixes it up with someone twice his size. F Nathan Gerbe.  1 x $750k.

Everyone here thinks Columbus is losing Domi.   But Gerbe has become a fun pest.

Idk about Detroit but I could see Kahun getting taken from Edmonton. Botterill would know him well and he's an RFA they could flip who is still young and fills a forward spot. 

Edmonton: Dominik Kahun Tyler Benson

Edited by LGR4GM

40 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk about Detroit but I could see Kahun getting taken from Edmonton. Botterill would know him well and he's an RFA they could flip who is still young and fills a forward spot. 

Edmonton: Dominik Kahun

I am changing this to Tyler Benson (LW)

36 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

idk what you do with Detroit either. I took a look and Yzerman might be planning a huge roster turnover. Almost everybody's a free agent in '21. 

I did Detroit just for kicks.  I think the guy I picked is a very good candidate for Seattle to take.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.