Bold takes: opinions Sabrespace won’t agree with

dudacek

5 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

It was McKee, wasn't it? Just hated the way he played the game.  😇🍺

He was one of the few I could stomach.  Didn’t fight as much as I’d like a player in his role.  

The softy midget brigade of Roy, Afinogenov, Briere, Drury, Connolly, Vanek (yes he was 6’2” but he played soft) and Campbell were just not my kind of players. 

Edited by inkman

6 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Reinhart is a mental midget and is a disappointment for a season purposefully tanked to acquire 

Yep.

For a guy who was touted as having "elite hockey sense" and "elite vision" his numbers certainly beg to differ.   

Since his first full season (2015-16) he ranks 93rd in assists amongst all players.    Very disappointing for 2nd overall pick.

13 minutes ago, inkman said:

He was one of the few I could stomach.  Didn’t fight as much as I’d like a player in his role.  

The softy midget brigade of Roy, Afinogenov, Briere, Drury, Connolly, Vanek (yes he was 6’2” but he played soft) and Campbell were just not my kind of players. 

He played soft because he didn't hit people/fight?

Big dudes could not take Vanek off the puck, nor could they remove him from the front of the net. I don't call that "soft"

Just now, erickompositör72 said:

He played soft because he didn't hit people/fight?

Big dudes could not take Vanek off the puck, nor could they remove him from the front of the net. I don't call that "soft"

This discussion has been had 1000 times on Sabrespace.  Certain types of fans think holding onto the puck and standing in front of the net is “tough”.  Other fans need a player to actively seek out contact, with intentions to do damage and occasionally drop the gloves when necessary.  

9 minutes ago, inkman said:

This discussion has been had 1000 times on Sabrespace.  Certain types of fans think holding onto the puck and standing in front of the net is “tough”.  Other fans need a player to actively seek out contact, with intentions to do damage and occasionally drop the gloves when necessary.  

I will not question your needs 😜

Sabres will win the Cup in the next 3-5 years.

Sabres make a deal with Seattle to take Miller and Seattle moves to the first overall pick in their expansion year. 

Seattle takes Owen Power.

Sabres select Eklund second overall.

After all the trading is complete, the Sabres select a goalie early in the first round.

Still can't believe the Penguins traded Rene Robert for Eddie Shack. 

Jack is not as good as Jack thinks he is. His perimeter game is his downfall. 

It will not snow in Buffalo until 2022.

Sabres prospects in the current pipeline are better than we first thought. 

Led by JJ who becomes an All star in the 23-24 season.

The best food on the planet is found in WNY.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, HOF Wingman said:

Sabres will win the Cup in the next 3-5 years.

Sabres make a deal with Seattle to take Miller and Seattle moves to the first overall pick in their expansion year. 

Seattle takes Owen Power.

Sabres select Eklund second overall.

After all the trading is complete, the Sabres select a goalie early in the first round.

Still can't believe the Penguins traded Rene Robert for Eddie Shack. 

Jack is not as good as Jack thinks he is. His perimeter game is his downfall. 

It will not snow in Buffalo until 2022.

Sabres prospects in the current pipeline are better than we first thought. 

Led by JJ who becomes an All star in the 23-24 season.

The best food on the planet is found in WNY.

1 - LOL

2/3 - Makes sense, Power is more attractive to SEA than BUF

4 - I'll allow it

5 - Taking a goalie early in the draft would make sense if they can't sign Ullmark which is likely IMO

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

DAMN!

This isn't all that bold. All he has to do is take a corpse of a franchise and make its decomposing hand claw into a playoff spot, just one time, baby.

The Sabres are guaranteed a Jack Adams award when they finally get back in. It's already written down in ink somewhere. Of course, our coach will probably be a robot programmed by rakish's grandson at that point 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Haha (+1) 4

Playoff hockey is not nearly as good as playoff basketball.

Playoff OT should be 4-on-4 after the 1st OT period.

The size of the goalie equipment is the single biggest reason the NHL has fallen far behind the NFL and the NBA in popularity, and that gap will continue to grow unless and until the NHL either enlarges the nets or materially shrinks the goalie equipment.

Any head shot should result in a game misconduct, regardless of intent or whether the recipient was hunched over, with a suspension for repeat offenders.

Dan Dunleavy is a good guy and will develop over time into a good replacement for RJ.

Jacob Bryson has the 2nd-best offensive skills of any Sabres defenseman.

There is way too much GD music and other canned noise played at NHL games.  It results in an artificial and generic feel.  The goal horn in particular is an abomination. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 4

Here's one:

The Pegulas are not terrible owners.  They are no more meddlesome than any other owners.  They have simply made some bad hires and had some bad luck.  If and when they get the right people in place (see Bills, Buffalo), they will be great owners.

• Like (+1) 6

18 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

The size of the goalie equipment is the single biggest reason the NHL has fallen far behind the NFL and the NBA in popularity, and that gap will continue to grow unless and until the NHL either enlarges the nets or materially shrinks the goalie equipment.

Any head shot should result in a game misconduct, regardless of intent or whether the recipient was hunched over, with a suspension for repeat offenders.

Dan Dunleavy is a good guy and will develop over time into a good replacement for RJ.

There is way too much GD music and other canned noise played at NHL games.  It results in an artificial and generic feel.  The goal horn in particular is an abomination. 

Several solid points.

24 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So much this.  I’ve watched every game the last two rounds.  I didn’t watch a minute of playoff hockey.  Basketball, as a sport, has done such a better job cultivating their fanbase whereas hockey is just like he’s our terrible sport with god awful officiating and almost no scoring ever. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Like it all except Dunleavy.  No way, no how will he ever be tolerable.

• Like (+1) 1

In the past, I always preferred playoff hockey to playoff basketball.  Nothing is better than the NHL playoffs.  That said, THIS SEASON, I have watched more NBA playoffs than NHL playoffs.  For one, the broadcasts are easier to find.  Perhaps when ESPN and Turner take over, that will help the NHL be more visible.  I couldn't even tell you what number USA Network is on my TV package....The second point is that the NBA playoffs have simply been more interesting this year.  There have been highly competitive series and many have gone 7 games.  The NHL finals were terrible - Tampa outclassed Montreal by far and there wasn't much of a series.  The NBA finals is 2-2, going six games, and probably 7.  Young, major stars in the prime of their careers on both sides (Giannis for Milwaukee and Booker for Phoenix) are showing in the biggest stage.   So much for the much anticipated McDavid - Eichel matchup in the finals....

I grew up with the NHL playoffs.  Perhaps I have lost some interest with the Sabres not being a part of it, but it could also be that the ways things played out this year made it less interesting.  Although I am really enjoying the NBA playoffs and finals this year, I barely watched last year.  The Heat were not a worthy challenger for the Lakers and I don't like the Lakers.  I loved LeBron James in Cleveland, but really don't care for him anywhere else.

When the Dylan Couzens-led Sabres are in the Stanley Cup finals (featuring Rasmus Dahlin, Owen Power, and UPL in the nets), I'm sure I'll be all in!

5 Takes: 

• This team is better without Eichel than with
  • William Eklund will be the #1 overall pick
  • Jack Eichel will be traded to Minnesota for a package starting with Boldy
  • Rasmus Ristolainen, has played his last game for the Sabres
  • Dahlin will lead the team in points in 2021-22.

I am not a Tage Thompson fan, so I'd take the first 2nd round pick to get him out of here. 

Edited by TheCerebral1

6 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

5 Takes: 

• This team is better without Eichel than with
  • William Eklund will be the #1 overall pick
  • Jack Eichel will be traded to Minnesota for a package starting with Boldy
  • Rasmus Ristolainen, has played his last game for the Sabres
  • Dahlin will lead the team in points in 2021-22.

I am not a Tage Thompson fan, so I'd take the first 2nd round pick to get him out of here. 

The chance of any player being as good or better than Tage at picks 32-63 is almost zero.  

• Like (+1) 2

Honestly, anything that is remotely optimistic I’m going to disagree with. It probably doesn’t seem like it but I’m constantly biting my tongue because I feel so pessimistic about our team. I don’t want to be “that guy”, but I’m afraid I have become that.

Who knows, maybe we really are on the cusp of finally turning things around now? But I’ve just spent so much mental energy in putting my hope in draft picks that didn’t workout, prospects that were over hyped, free agents that under performed, and coach after failing coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.