Is this the dawning of a new era?

dudacek

43 minutes ago, Taro T said:

If they are only as good as the previous 2 GMs, then no, it isn't a new era.  It's simply another chapter in a REALLY bad overrated novel.  Think Ulysses but at the length of War & Peace and with prose as captivating as that of Melville.

You forgot the verbosity of Dickens.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

And I would just kill Marchand…

You might, but you should consider one of the things Cassidy said about Taylor Hall. Roughly, he said he thought Hall was benefitting from the influence players like Marchand had on him. He felt that if he had a full season of watching how Marchand works out, prepares and leads he'd become an even better hockey player. So ya, you would kill him, and you are stuck being a fan of this shitshow.  

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

You might, but you should consider one of the things Cassidy said about Taylor Hall. Roughly, he said he thought Hall was benefitting from the influence players like Marchand had on him. He felt that if he had a full season of watching how Marchand works out, prepares and leads he'd become an even better hockey player. So ya, you would kill him, and you are stuck being a fan of this shitshow.  

No stuck involved. I’m very comfortable choosing to remain a fan of this incompetent shitshow over becoming a fan of that graceless piece of excrement, thanks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Curt said:

The Hasek Era

The Post Hasek Era

The Post Lockout Era

The Middling Era

The Tank Fruit Era

The Post Tank Fruit Era

We could go for the New Era but we know the Pegulas won't like that.

16 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

NHL players are pretty normal a lot live near me and I've see a few when we go up to buffalo for Trick or treating.

NFL players are the asshats of sports 

Not really, it all depends on the player.

Fred Jackson lived across the street from me for 7 or 8 years and he was a genuinely great guy. He even signed stuff for the entire street after a game once and came to the block parties we had.

• Thanks (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Do tell. What kind of neighbour is he? Does he cut his own lawn? 

He is terrible by all accounts.

I actually moved out to the coast, in part (not a big part), to be further away from him.  Before that he was maybe 5 miles up the road from me, which was really pretty close.

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

He is terrible by all accounts.

I actually moved out to the coast, in part (not a big part), to be further away from him.  Before that he was maybe 5 miles up the road from me, which was really pretty close.

Seriously? Was he that bad a neighbor?

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

Seriously? Was he that bad a neighbor?

I have no idea.

Never saw him even once.  Don't know exactly where he lives.

That said, he's generally nasty on the ice, so it's easy to assume that he is so in real life.  That also said, he may be real nice in real life.

Just having a little fun in this long offseason that is not officially started for all teams yet.

Anyway, I have met Crosby and MacKinnon around town a few times and they both are great.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
make my typing more goodly ...

idk I think on the ice and off the ice are very different things. He does all the sick kids stuff and make a wish and lots of other local events and charities in Boston. People there love him so I think it's a bit of a uniform thing. He's the villain for other teams, for sure, but doesn't that also mean he got to them?

Hell they love him so much in Beantown they even gave him a tv show for real men 🙂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.