Sabres' options: Owen Power

LGR4GM

58 minutes ago, Curt said:

Best highlight package a #1 pick has ever had.  If you can’t see that, you don’t know a thing.  This is in a MENS tournament with a couple actual good NHL players.  Did I mention that Power is 6’5” 215 and his name is awesome?

Bailey Johnson from Smaht Shooting was on WGR talking about Power. In a couple of years when he gets stronger and more mature he is going to be a top pairing defenseman. It would be advisable to play another year in college. The Sabres shouldn't overthink this draft. With the first pick we should take Power. 

The analyst also talked about Beniers and Johnson. 

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/authors/howard-and-jeremy

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Bailey Johnson from Smaht Shooting was on WGR talking about Power. In a couple of years when he gets stronger and more mature he is going to be a top pairing defenseman. It would be advisable to play another year in college. The Sabres shouldn't overthink this draft. With the first pick we should take Power. 

This is my hope. Draft Power. Send him back to Michigan and let him go to the WJCs (where he will play with fellow Sabre Quentin Byfield😃)

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

They should draft Beniers. Everyone hopes Power turns into a top a defender and they get enamored with him but if you read enough reports you notice they often can't quite list something he is really good at. Beniers on the other hand is really good or elite at several things from his skating to his work ethic to his use of teammates to his 2-way game. The best player in the draft is Matthew Beniers. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Best highlight package a #1 pick has ever had.  If you can’t see that, you don’t know a thing.  This is in a MENS tournament with a couple actual good NHL players.  Did I mention that Power is 6’5” 215 and his name is awesome?

Can't tell if parts are sarcasm. 

It's a 2nd tier tournament that is being overhyped. Beniers also made a team but sadly got injured. 

The speed of the Worlds was slower than I would have hoped and that is the Achilles heal for Power. His decision making and reads can be slow and that gets him in trouble especially defensively. Scouch put it best, "pucks leak through him". 

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They should draft Beniers. Everyone hopes Power turns into a top a defender and they get enamored with him but if you read enough reports you notice they often can't quite list something he is really good at. Beniers on the other hand is really good or elite at several things from his skating to his work ethic to his use of teammates to his 2-way game. The best player in the draft is Matthew Beniers. 

Actually, someone who is a Power's Stan, tell me things he is really good at. Help me understand. Really good means borderline elite or better. 

Beniers for example has elite skating, 2way game, really good passing and use of teammates. 

Edited by LGR4GM
spelling

22 minutes ago, JohnC said:

7:36 is when they talk about the NHL draft. 

36 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It's a 2nd tier tournament that is being overhyped. Beniers also made a team but sadly got injured. 

The speed of the Worlds was slower than I would have hoped and that is the Achilles heal for Power. His decision making and reads can be slow and that gets him in trouble especially defensively. Scouch put it best, "pucks leak through him". 

Actually, someone who is a Power's Stan, tell me things he is really good at. Help me understand. Really good means borderline elite or better. 

Beniers for example has elite skating, 2way game, really good passing and use of teammates. 

Is this where we are at? Calling people names and bullying those that don’t agree with your draft choice.  You are going to have a mental breakdown well before the draft.  Remember that nothing any of us say or do changes who the Sabres draft.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

All of it is.  I’m just here for the lolz.

Edit:  Except the part about being 6’5” and having an awesome name.  That’s genuinely true.

Also, don’t worry about what he is or isn’t great at, kids obviously gonna be a bEasT.

Edited by Curt

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Is this where we are at? Calling people names and bullying those that don’t agree with your draft choice.  You are going to have a mental breakdown well before the draft.  Remember that nothing any of us say or do changes who the Sabres draft.

I didn't call anyone names... what are you on about?

3 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Calling people Power stans is looking to divide. I’ve just noticed you have been getting heated with certain posters because they like Power.  

You are Stans. I am a Beniers stan. 

Again, people who are zealously advocating for Owen Power as the pick (AKA Power stans) what skill or skills does he bring or will he bring that are elite or borderline elite?

1 minute ago, Weave said:

What is this stan thing about?

Edit: fan. It’s not autocorrect 

stan is a slang term. When you stan something you are in favor of it happening or you like it a ton. You can stan Granato as coach for example. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

What is this stan thing about?

Edit: fan. It’s not autocorrect 

A very annoying term is what it is. It essentially means super fan. It comes from the Eminem song 'Stan' about a super fan of his named Stan that stalks him and writes him letters.

At least that's what google says

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

A very annoying term is what it is. It essentially means super fan. It comes from the Eminem song 'Stan' about a super fan of his named Stan that stalks him and writes him letters.

Omg fine, I won't use it. 

----------------------------------------

To whom it may concern, 

If you have any positive feelings about taking Mr. Owen Power as the 1st overall selection in the 2021 NHL entry draft, please let us know what skills you think help Mr Owen Power to deserve that honor. Please pay special attention to those skills that you see as exceedingly good or elite in nature and write about them below. This will help those of us who do not view Mr Owen Power as the best player in the 2021 NHL entry draft. 

Thank you. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Omg fine, I won't use it. 

----------------------------------------

To whom it may concern, 

If you have any positive feelings about taking Mr. Owen Power as the 1st overall selection in the 2021 NHL entry draft, please let us know what skills you think help Mr Owen Power to deserve that honor. Please pay special attention to those skills that you see as exceedingly good or elite in nature and write about them below. This will help those of us who do not view Mr Owen Power as the best player in the 2021 NHL entry draft. 

Thank you. 

Not everything is a personal attack Liger lol I don't like the term, it's okay.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Not everything is a personal attack Liger lol I don't like the term, it's okay.

Not every OMG is me actually being outraged. This board misses my sarcasm. 

The omg was more in this vain

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Never heard of it and didn’t bother to look it up. I think he’s talking to the wrong demographics for this. Lol

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.