Sabres' options: Owen Power

LGR4GM

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He logged a minute 8 because Ristolainen sucks. 

I’m just saying, being around Samuelsson at this stage is not indicative of a strong 1OA. Don’t we already know he’s not a strong 1OA? Jumping through hoops to prove an established fact, perhaps guilty as charged  

edit - I should say average. He’s below average 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, dudacek said:

Yep. To be clear, I agree that it would be disappointing to me as well to see Power ranked 3rd on our depth chart right now, not so much if McCabe was under contract.

I disagree. We've used 3 of our last 5 high picks on lhd. He could also overtake Samuelsson fairly quickly (or not, always hard to tell with defense)

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Fine you've said clear number 1 or some variant there in. It's not clear. 

It really is. Before the draft lottery all of pro hockey media was talking about where Owen Power would go based on the lottery. Afterwards, the same. His own head coach already tweeted he’s looking forward to him joining Buffalo (he joked that it can’t be until 2022, though).

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I’m just saying, being around Samuelsson at this stage is not indicative of a strong 1OA. Don’t we already know he’s not a strong 1OA? Jumping through hoops to prove an established fact, perhaps guilty as charged  

edit - I should say average. He’s below average 

Is anyone saying Power is a strong #1?

I thought the main issue at hand is whether he is #1 this year.

all kinds of players who don’t play in the NHL at all at 18 become stars.

Edited by dudacek

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Is anyone saying Power is a strong #1?

I thought the main issue at hand is whether he is #1 this year.

all kinds of players who don’t play in the NHL at all at 18 become stars.

Sorry I had to edit my post. I meant he’s a below average 1. I didn’t really intend it to be a point I thought would draw much contention 

The stats say it’s unusual for a one. I’m not saying he won’t be good, just that he may not be good relative to other first overalls

Edited by Thorny

14 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The sarcasm is so hardcore obvious in that post. Ooooof.

I have not said he’s consensus.

5 minutes ago, Hoss said:

It really is. Before the draft lottery all of pro hockey media was talking about where Owen Power would go based on the lottery. Afterwards, the same. His own head coach already tweeted he’s looking forward to him joining Buffalo (he joked that it can’t be until 2022, though).

Haven't said he's the consensus but arguing he's the clear number one. 

waka flocka GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

waka flocka GIF

If you can’t understand the difference maybe I was too confident in your smarts.

Edited by Hoss

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

waka flocka GIF

Power is not a consensus in the same way McDavid or Dahlin was. At the same time I have not seen a single mock draft post lottery from pro hockey types that does not have Power going to Buffalo.

18 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Power is not a consensus in the same way McDavid or Dahlin was. At the same time I have not seen a single mock draft post lottery from pro hockey types that does not have Power going to Buffalo.

Indeed but beyond Power at one you see projections all over the place. Beniers, Hughes, Eklund, Guenther, you name it!

31 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

You’ve seen mock drafts from pro hockey types?  What’s a pro hockey type?

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

I have not said he’s consensus.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

23 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Indeed but beyond Power at one you see projections all over the place. Beniers, Hughes, Eklund, Guenther, you name it!

Got it... you're not saying Power's will go number one but that he'll go at one. 

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Canadian homerism for Power?

Cross out the one that doesn’t fit the narrative.   NHL Central Scouting also have Power first.  Whatever people want to say, post lottery the majority of things we see is Power at one and Power to Buffalo.  Does that guarantee what Buffalo will do, no, but it just shows that views are forming around hockey.

43 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I’m reading this as “I don’t want us to take Power”

Someone explained it better on a different  Board you're  extending Dahlin on his success now on (LHD) not RHD its not a good investment to pay somone for a side they haven't played in the nhl 

9 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Someone explained it better on a different  Board you're  extending Dahlin on his success now on (LHD) not RHD its not a good investment to pay somone for a side they haven't played in the nhl 

He played the right side before. He can do it in the NHL.
I mean in the 70s those amazing Habs teams had the Super 3 on the backend, Savard, Lapointe and Robinson. They were all LHD. They didn’t care, they just played them on either side and prospered greatly. If Power is the best player then take him and prosper.

20 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

He played the right side before. He can do it in the NHL.
I mean in the 70s those amazing Habs teams had the Super 3 on the backend, Savard, Lapointe and Robinson. They were all LHD. They didn’t care, they just played them on either side and prospered greatly. If Power is the best player then take him and prosper.

It’s been 50 years man. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.