Sabres Head Coaching Search

Brawndo

11 minutes ago, WildCard said:

You don't think the Sabres PR would want to wait to have the news spotlight to themselves?

The hiring of a coach will not have much of a ripple effect in the hockey world because it doesn't really interest many people. When your franchise earned its way to irrelevancy it shouldn't be much of a surprise. However, the trading of Jack or Reinhart will be attention grabbing.  

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, WildCard said:

You don't think the Sabres PR would want to wait to have the news spotlight to themselves?

No, if anything, I think they rather low key it. They already know that the people that want Granato will be happy and those who think they can’t do anything right will pan it. The less spotlight the better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, tom webster said:

No, if anything, I think they rather low key it. They already know that the people that want Granato will be happy and those who think they can’t do anything right will pan it. The less spotlight the better.

So you think it's Granato then?

I have not read all 31 pages of this thread, only the last four.  One name I did not see mentioned, and could possibly be the reason for the delay: Luke Richardson.

No NHL HC experience, but current assistant for Habs and appears to be doing a very creditable job filling in during COVID absence of Ducharme.  He also has an impressive pedigree, both as a player and minor league coach (including as HC of the Binghamton Calder Cup champions).

I think the Sabres could do much worse than Richardson, and I also think they should talk to him.  Don't know, but they may have to wait until Montreal's season is over before they can interview him.  Maybe one of our in house gurus can clarify.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ParkMeadow said:

I have not read all 31 pages of this thread, only the last four.  One name I did not see mentioned, and could possibly be the reason for the delay: Luke Richardson.

No NHL HC experience, but current assistant for Habs and appears to be doing a very creditable job filling in during COVID absence of Ducharme.  He also has an impressive pedigree, both as a player and minor league coach (including as HC of the Binghamton Calder Cup champions).

I think the Sabres could do much worse than Richardson, and I also think they should talk to him.  Don't know, but they may have to wait until Montreal's season is over before they can interview him.  Maybe one of our in house gurus can clarify.

They would have to wait until Montreal is out before they could interview Richardson.  This is rumoured to be the hold up on at least 1 other candidate.

• Thanks (+1) 1

21 hours ago, tom webster said:

No, if anything, I think they rather low key it. They already know that the people that want Granato will be happy and those who have observed they can’t do anything right will pan it. The less spotlight the better.

FTFY

For the record I like Granato

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Head Coaching Search

I couldn’t care less if they named the coach now, or if they took the next two months to interview a bunch of candidates. Just get it right. Whomever it is. I don’t NEED the hire to happen yesterday or last week. I’m not impatient. Just get it right. I don’t NEED the hire to happen next week, or next month. Just get it right. Are there fans honestly upset the Sabres haven’t made a hiring announcement yet? I’m so glad these things don’t upset me. Never ever did. 
Yikes … 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.