2021 NHL Playoffs 1st Round

Norcal

Some true beauties from Jack in this. These aren't playoff games obviously but Jack is good for a solid fist pump at least after most, not dissimilarly to Briere's patented (but different looking) fist-pump he'd trot out after almost every goal. Jack (like in the image) does his thing - he stands on one skate and puts his arms out to the side in "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!" fashion after the big ones. Down on one knee for the REALLY big ones (see: 4:40, look at him absolutely embarrass Shattenkirk and the best goalie in the world). I see plenty of emotion after goals at least when it comes to Jack. 

Speaking of which, that ENTERTAIMENT he provides is a real factor for me (look at most of these goals) and a big reason I want to keep him. There's also no one on this roster or soon to be on this roster who can come *close* to scoring the types of goals we see from Jack in that pack.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Some true beauties from Jack in this. These aren't playoff games obviously but Jack is good for a solid fist pump at least after most, not dissimilarly to Briere's patented (but different looking) fist-pump he'd trot out after almost every goal. Jack (like in the image) does his thing - he stands on one skate and puts his arms out to the side in "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!" fashion after the big ones. Down on one knee for the REALLY big ones (see: 4:40, look at him absolutely embarrass Shattenkirk and the best goalie in the world). I see plenty of emotion after goals at least when it comes to Jack. 

Speaking of which, that ENTERTAIMENT he provides is a real factor for me (look at most of these goals) and a big reason I want to keep him. There's also no one on this roster or soon to be on this roster who can come *close* to scoring the types of goals we see from Jack in that pack.

Jack was plagued with injuries and then put on the shelf this season because of them. When you watch the clips from the prior season exhibiting his blazing speed and powerful skating added to his powerful shot it is easy to forget how scintillating a player he was for us. How soon we forget! Can he completely regain his health when the next season begins? I'm not sure. If he does and ends up wearing another uniform this franchise will regret it. 

As you point out the entertainment value can't be replicated by anything brought back in a Jack trade. Especially for a franchise known for its irrelevancy that point shouldn't be casually dismissed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

Jack was plagued with injuries and then put on the shelf this season because of them. When you watch the clips from the prior season exhibiting his blazing speed and powerful skating added to his powerful shot it is easy to forget how scintillating a player he was for us. How soon we forget! Can he completely regain his health when the next season begins? I'm not sure. If he does and ends up wearing another uniform this franchise will regret it. 

As you point out the entertainment value can't be replicated by anything brought back in a Jack trade. Especially for a franchise known for its irrelevancy that point shouldn't be casually dismissed.

He had become a true game-altering force. Problem for us was that the rest of the lines were, too. 

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

He's a special player that I fear we don't fully appreciate. I think if we trade him we'll regret it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Nedeljkovic is a championship caliber goaltender that was on waivers in January, free for all to have and nobody claimed him.

Nobody named Kevyn Adams claimed him. 

There's a team of guys in the playoffs playing big minutes that were available and/or picked up on waivers this season. 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

He had become a true game-altering force. Problem for us was that the rest of the lines were, too. 

You hit on the source of the issue beyond Jack's frustration with his plaguing injuries that has compounded his frustration with the organization i.e. not providing him with enough support to put him and the team in a position to succeed. The organization has had more than enough time to assemble a broader talent base to make this a more competitive and relevant team. The same organizational failure has affected Reinhart and even Risto's desire to remain with this carcass of an organization.  

10 hours ago, Thorny said:

I can’t watch.  Despite the talent, the good numbers, I just can’t watch a recap of his goals.  Maybe someday but not until his injury and status are settled.  I am impressed with his skills and his work ethic, and he is a victim of poor management to a point, but I am ambivalent on him. 

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I can’t watch.  Despite the talent, the good numbers, I just can’t watch a recap of his goals.  Maybe someday but not until his injury and status are settled.  I am impressed with his skills and his work ethic, and he is a victim of poor management to a point, but I am ambivalent on him. 

Whether he stays or goes, the goals were still fun at the time and the memory of them therefore remains positive to me. It’s only hockey, it’s an entertainment product. The “hits” are still pretty fun when the new stuff sucks 

12 hours ago, Thorny said:

Whether he stays or goes, the goals were still fun at the time and the memory of them therefore remains positive to me. It’s only hockey, it’s an entertainment product. The “hits” are still pretty fun when the new stuff sucks 

Sure.  But right now I am at a crossroads with this team.  If Eichel and Sam leave we are looking at least a mini tear down and rebuild.  All the Eichel era means to me is pain.  The pretty goals don’t correlate to anything.  The two winning streaks, when the TEAM played well, were the highlights of the Eichel years so far. 

I am watching the playoffs and it feels like I can make up a team of former Sabres, now on other teams, that can compete with the current team that Granato had to coach.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

ROR guaranteed Blues would beat Avs. Avs sweep them 4 straight. Good riddance.😜

This is like flexing on the guy who stole your girl, married her, and has a kid with her. ***** congrats! ROR didn't win the cup and conn smythe like he did IMMEDIATELY after the Sabres traded him for used toilet paper. 

12 minutes ago, Norcal said:

So, chowdas moving on 🤢🤮

He still shouldn't have anything nice. 

I don’t really care what ROR does. I wish him well overall and liked the Blues as cup champs. Idk what he ever did to us to warrant disdain. Just a lot of loser’s mentality hating on guys who find success in better situations.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

I don’t really care what ROR does. I wish him well overall and liked the Blues as cup champs. Idk what he ever did to us to warrant disdain. Just a lot of loser’s mentality hating on guys who find success in better situations.

***** him. Just because. I have no animosity towards him but he no longer plays for the Sabres. Therefore, ***** him. 

In other news....What a game between Winnipeg and the  McDavids. Action at both ends. 

51 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This is like flexing on the guy who stole your girl, married her, and has a kid with her. ***** congrats! ROR didn't win the cup and conn smythe like he did IMMEDIATELY after the Sabres traded him for used toilet paper. 

It was almost like I was joking. I thought the 😜 made it obvious. But yeah, I was just joking.

Edited by Flashsabre

Nothing would make me happier then seeing Edmonton and Toronto eliminated in RD 1.

I want validation that the best TEAMS win and they don't need generational stars to do it.  

McDavid won't ever get traded but he won't be finishing his career in Edmonton.

He'll only be 29 in 2026 when that contract is up. 

Meh maybe they do trade him who knows.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.