Jason Karmonas/Kevyn Adams Press Conference 4/15/21 2:30

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

This.

I certainly heard it more as "We didn't have very many options and we do think he has a skillset that might work there, with the emphasis on the first half.

Ok, I haven't seen the conference I was doing a family zoom.

I read Liger's thing like "the Owner of the franchise and the GM drove down to the game to watch Quinn play C"

12 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Maybe it wasn’t necessarily BECAUSE Quinn was playing Center. Perhaps it was something else completely different.

Are the nachos good at that arena?How about the parking? Is the In house DJ guy any good? I mean that dude from 97 rock did get fired. It could be a plethora of reasons.

It must have been this, as this is the in house DJ:

DJQualls_Kambo_5448936_400.thumb.jpg.7f89f6dbec816a6459a92062e8f67846.jpg

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I wouldn’t read too much into Quinn at center. It was more out of necessity then anything.

In improv class we call this "blocking"

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Prepping Quinn to fill a vacant 1st line center slot perhaps?

At any rate, if he sticks at C we are going to need a couple RW'ers, no?

That's more like it

26 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Maybe it wasn’t necessarily BECAUSE Quinn was playing Center. Perhaps it was something else completely different.

Are the nachos good at that arena?How about the parking? Is the In house DJ guy any good? I mean that dude from 97 rock did get fired. It could be a plethora of reasons.

True.  They put Karmanos in charge of a lot of stuff.

11 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

If we end up with the 1st overall, I say we trade down with the CBJ's...

1st OA for 7th OA and Oliver Bjorkstrand or 7th, 29th and 30th OA.

I wouldn’t take that trade only because 1 to 7 is a huge drop. Supposedly the Top 5 or 6 are the top tier so I’d want to stay in there.

Also never imagine Toronto in the Conference or Stanley Cup Finals. No one needs that to ever happen.

If they had pick 5 and additionally offered 22 and 31 and Bjorkstrand. I might at least listen

Edited by thewookie1

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ok, I haven't seen the conference I was doing a family zoom.

I read Liger's thing like "the Owner of the franchise and the GM drove down to the game to watch Quinn play C"

Don't think it was for Quinn specifically 

5 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

If we end up with the 1st overall, I say we trade down with the CBJ's...

1st OA for 7th OA and Oliver Bjorkstrand or 7th, 29th and 30th OA.

No. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, tom webster said:

Oh, 1974

OJ

GIL

McAdoo

arguably the MVP in each league.

Those were the days.

Oh, 1993

Smith

LaFontaine 

Tavares

Arguably the MVP in each league. 

Those were the days.  It's nearly 19 years later again, right?  [EDIT: Nope, nearly 29.]

(Plus we had the Pikuzinski Brothers too. 😉 )

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

In improv class we call this "blocking"

That's more like it

Is that something like doing something unfunny that also eliminates possibilities for other people to do something funny?

17 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I didn’t have the opportunity to catch the zoom meeting… And I must be looking in the wrong place… I can’t seem to find it anywhere online.

if it’s available can someone post it here? Thanks

It’s posted up thread

Just watched.  Karmanos seems fine personally.

With regards to questions about why he would take this job, I’m thinking that he sees it as an opportunity to be at the very center of decision making and really put his mark on an organization.  He is coming in as the most experienced guy in the room and will get a big say in who else joins the group.  He is starting with a fairly blank slate and he should be able to do a lot of molding and important decision making himself.  If he couldn’t get a GM job, this is probably the next best thing.

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Ouch lol 

Aww, didn’t mean anything.  What’s blocking, in an improv sense?

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

Just watched.  Karmanos seems fine personally.

With regards to questions about why he would take this job, I’m thinking that he sees it as an opportunity to be at the very center of decision making and really put his mark on an organization.  He is coming in as the most experienced guy in the room and will get a big say in who else joins the group.  He is starting with a fairly blank slate and he should be able to do a lot of molding and important decision making himself.  If he couldn’t get a GM job, this is probably the next best thing.

Aww, didn’t mean anything.  What’s blocking, in an improv sense?

Oh I thought that was a great retort at my attempt at humor haha

It's basically just like, if I start a scene and I'm like, "I brought this hockey stick, let's shoot some pucks!" and the other person in the scene goes, "Nah, can't do that, it's mid summer time actually."

You are always supposed to go with the suggestion. 

Haven't you seen that Office episode with Michael and the gun? haha

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Oh I thought that was a great retort at my attempt at humor haha

It's basically just like, if I start a scene and I'm like, "I brought this hockey stick, let's shoot some pucks!" and the other person in the scene goes, "Nah, can't do that, it's mid summer time actually."

You are always supposed to go with the suggestion. 

Haven't you seen that Office episode with Michael and the gun? haha

I haven’t, but I get it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Zamboni said:

The soft pretzels are usually overcooked, but they DO have pretty damn good Puck Plates. 

Also, Suzie Cool is pretty fly.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.