GDT: Washington at Buffalo, 3/15/21 7pm MSG, WGR

Doohickie

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Are you watching this game? Still pinning this on Hutton? 

Yes I'm watching the game, and no I'm not pinning THIS GAME on Hutton. Address the actual points I'm making, not the ones you're building in your head. 

For three consecutive seasons, the Sabres inexplicably put their season in the hands of a young, injury-prone, unproven goalie, and a horrendous backup named Hutton. They have paid the price for doing so each time. 

Last year, the Sabres crept back into the playoff picture after that disastrous 11 game stretch from Hutton I mentioned. But Ullmark got hurt. Hutton held his game together for about a week, as the Sabres won a handful of games. The most important game of the year came, where Buffalo was visiting the second worst team in the NHL, Ottawa. Buffalo scored 5 goals, but lost in regulation, thanks to Carter Hutton, and the tailspin began. 

They will continue to pay a steep price as long as they keep on bringing in guys who fall in the bottom 7 goalies out of 50+ to play >2500 minutes over the last three years in high danger save percentage numbers (ie, when you control for the team in front of you, as you so often like to emphasize) 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

You know, we used to say that about Robin Lehner. How'd he do once he left here?

Well, to be fair, he was insane, drunk and half out of control during those days. 😂 

i thought Neurirth and Enroth (or whatever his name was) were really good goalies while the team sucked, 

This team is now shot, but you have to upgrade goaltending first is all I think. Don’t even bother fixing anything else if Hutton is your goalie, you will lose most nights 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Who would have ever guessed that a season vet first ballot HOFer would pwn a 20 yo?

Swamp, you can make excuses for his continued bad play.  He has the absolute worst plus/minus in the league and is the lowest ranked Dman.  Perhaps confidence is a factor but Kruegers “system” has nothing to do with his inability to stop players from scoring.  It’s his primary function on the ice. Defend the goal. It’s depressing the shite out of me. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.