Sabres to Resume Practice Today 2/9/21 1:15 pm

Brawndo

On 2/10/2021 at 12:41 PM, dudacek said:

He is capable of more than what he has produced away from Jack, and playing him with Jack isn't a magical gaurantee that he will score 40. Skinner's lack of production predates Krueger, and he has produced away from Jack, even in Buffalo

• With Housley and Eichel first half: GP:41 28/13/41
  • With Housley and Eichel second half: GP:41 12/10/22
  • With Krueger and Johannson October: GP: 13 7/3/10
  • With Krueger and many others since: GP: 56 7/7/14

He didn't produce 1st line numbers with 1st line minutes in the second half of his first season

And he did produce with crappy players during Krueger's first month here.

You guys need to stop making excuses for him. He needs to be better, regardless of how he's been used.

To be fair, under Housley, once teams had figured out that they could cave-in 2 of the other lines, the only time he, Eichel, and Reinhart could get scoring was when they followed the LOG line and then they were the only line the other team actually had to defend against, so you saw his numbers fall gradually over the year.  This was hardly unexpected.  (I will not rehash how negligent I thought GMJB was here.)

Having said that, he needs to be better, but the bottom of the line-up is not a good place.

10 hours ago, Thorny said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, there hasn’t been confirmation Jack is still dealing with an injury, as far as we’ve seen? 

It is speculation.  As is the scuttlebutt that he doesn't care, isn't trying, and wants a trade.

But, we know he had an upper body injury that kept him out of camp for ~1 week.  We know Ray mentioned his shoulder injury during a broadcast.  We also observe his passing and shot aren't as precise as in the past and that his stick handling in tight spaces isn't nearly as effective as it has been in the past.  We also have observed his shot is still hard.  All this may be indicative ov him playing through a shooting hand shoulder injury.

He has 11 points in only 10 games and has scored the SO winner in both the Sabres SO wins.  These run counter to indicate that he's checked out or isn't trying.

Which is the correct interpretation of the situation, even possibly it being a little of both, is open for discussion.  Time will show what was/is actually going on.  My expectation has been repeated often enough.

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Taro T said:

It is speculation.  As is the scuttlebutt that he doesn't care, isn't trying, and wants a trade.

But, we know he had an upper body injury that kept him out of camp for ~1 week.  We know Ray mentioned his shoulder injury during a broadcast.  We also observe his passing and shot aren't as precise as in the past and that his stick handling in tight spaces isn't nearly as effective as it has been in the past.  We also have observed his shot is still hard.  All this may be indicative ov him playing through a shooting hand shoulder injury.

He has 11 points in only 10 games and has scored the SO winner in both the Sabres SO wins.  These run counter to indicate that he's checked out or isn't trying.

Which is the correct interpretation of the situation, even possibly it being a little of both, is open for discussion.  Time will show what was/is actually going on.  My expectation has been repeated often enough.

Appreciate the summary. I would add that without possession he's not smashing in the corners when the opportunity is there to do so.  Not that that is or needs to be a huge part of his game (as much as I wish it was) but seems like a reluctance to using shoulder/body action and using the stick instead.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

So are the Sabres set to play next week On Monday is this official assuming nothing goes sideways?

Yep; home to Islanders.  Assuming things don't get further delayed!

8 hours ago, Weave said:

That is my understanding.  It’s speculation.

He mentioned in the "chicklets" podcast that he took this past long off-season to really get his body/health right again, after dealing with some issues during last season.

So he hit the ground running on full tanks this season.  If he is hurt, it didn't take him long to re-injure himself.

Of course that is possible, but I personally don't think he is "injured" per se.

Edited by Kruppstahl

12 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

He mentioned in the "chicklets" podcast that he took this past long off-season to really get his body/health right again, after dealing with some issues during last season.

So he hit the ground running on full tanks this season.  If he is hurt, it didn't take him long to re-injure himself.

Of course that is possible, but I personally don't think he is "injured" per se.

How healthy was he if he missed the opening of camp? Also, would he really tell the competition he's been hurting, or has an existing injury? 

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

No, it didn't.  Getting hurt in a "training incident" as camp was opening tops his previous record of screwing up his ankle a day or so before opening night.

On 2/12/2021 at 1:44 PM, Norcal said:

How healthy was he if he missed the opening of camp? Also, would he really tell the competition he's been hurting, or has an existing injury? 

My point is that if he is "dinged up" it's no different than any other player in the league and he needs to play through that.

If he is in fact "injured" he should not be playing.

5 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

My point is that if he is "dinged up" it's no different than any other player in the league and he needs to play through that.

If he is in fact "injured" he should not be playing.

loveofthegameitis

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.