GDT: 1/31/21 1pm ET, NJ Devils at Buffalo, MSG, NHL Network, WGR

jsb

17 minutes ago, jsb said:

Being in Houston they are blacked out on NHL-TV because they are on NHL Network, so I wasn't sure if that held true everywhere, thanks for the info.

They don't black out NHL.tv when the game is on NHL Network.  There was a game earlier this year (Game 1 I think) that was on NHL Network and also on NHL.tv.

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

I wonder if Sam is going on retroactive IR to open a spot for Casey? 

Pretty sure they only had 22 on the roster after Toharski got bumped to the taxi squad.  So, they should be good just bringing Mittelstadt up.

And IMHO Mitts should be ahead of Thompson based on their limited portfolio from this season.

Adolescent giraffe might be even more uncoordinated than baby giraffe was.  (But if he ever does get coordination, he could be good.)

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

They don't black out NHL.tv when the game is on NHL Network.  There was a game earlier this year (Game 1 I think) that was on NHL Network and also on NHL.tv.

No feed on my app, not sure about yours, you,re on thru cable though aren't you, well someone must have just had their coffee because it's there now (☉。☉)!

Edited by jsb

1 hour ago, Curt said:

While, I don’t think that Hall has been great this season, your phrasing here is misleading.  Over his career, Hall is as good a puck carrier and playmaker as he is a goal scorer.

You’re right but I believe he was brought in to score goals. Jack has always been a “pass first-shoot second” center. Hall needs to shoot the puck

21 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

You’re right but I believe he was brought in to score goals. Jack has always been a “pass first-shoot second” center. Hall needs to shoot the puck

Jack really isn’t that though.  Few players in the league shoot the puck more than Jack does.  He is top 10 in the league every year.

Jack is of course a very good playmaking C, but he shoots the puck A LOT.

Honestly, both Hall and Eichel play very complete offensive games.  They can both do it all on that end of the ice and I’m wondering if they are trying not to step on each other’s toes when they are out there together.  That’s why I, and others think it’s likely they would do better separated.

Edited by Curt

1 hour ago, jsb said:

Being in Houston they are blacked out on NHL-TV because they are on NHL Network, so I wasn't sure if that held true everywhere, thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

47 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The MSG feed is showing up on my NHL.tv.

NHL.tv working for me.

34 minutes ago, jsb said:

No feed on my app, not sure about yours, you,re on thru cable though aren't you, well someone must have just had their coffee because it's there now (☉。☉)!

I'm streaming through the Roku app.  I hate not knowing for sure what you're going to see until just before the game though.  I don't remember that in the past; I thought they used to show the available feeds long before game time, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Doohickie

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Hutton? Crap.

Line number? It's just a number. Skinner has plenty of ice time and chances to do something. Lazar and Sheahan are not bad linemates.

No slight on Lazar or Sheahan. I'm very pleased with both of them so far. 

12 minutes ago, Curt said:

Jack really isn’t that though.  Few players in the league shoot the puck more than Jack does.  He is top 10 in the league every year.

Jack is of course a very good playmaking C, but he shoots the puck A LOT.

Honestly, both Hall and Eichel play very complete offensive games.  They can both do it all on that end of the ice and I’m wondering if they are trying not to step on each other’s toes when they are out there together.  That’s why I, and others think it’s likely they would do better separated.

Stats aside, Jack has stated before in interviews that he’s a more of a passer than a shooter

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.