So #8

spndnchz

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Why do you prefer Jarvis to Perfetti. Is it strictly about pace?

Interesting nugget about Perfetti from Lance Lysowski:

Perfetti is a name to watch if he drops to No. 8. One of his assistant coaches in Saginaw, Jared Nightingale, is the brother of Sabres assistant scouting director Jason Nightingale. Perfetti’s underlying numbers are among the best in this class, which would fit with Buffalo’s new scouting approach. That said, I don’t think he falls

PS Perfetti comes across as a very intelligent hockey nerd in this interview

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/prospect-profile-cole-perfetti/t-277437090/c-5420250
They’ve also done one with Jarvis that I’m just about to watch.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/prospect-profile-seth-jarvis/t-277437090/c-5420291

Jarvis looks thicker than I expected.

I don't think Perfetti will be there. I do like Jarvis' pace of play but Perfetti might have more talent. Hard to say they are very close.

19 minutes ago, Curt said:

I’m thinking that perhaps you are assuming they are taken earlier, but would you prefer Perfetti or Raymond to either Rossi or Jarvis?

Perfetti maybe. I do like Raymond but Rossi is my top in that group. That kid is driven.

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't think Perfetti will be there. I do like Jarvis' pace of play but Perfetti might have more talent. Hard to say they are very close.

Perfetti maybe. I do like Raymond but Rossi is my top in that group. That kid is driven.

Rossi would be first choice for me too.  Rossi, Raymond, Perfetti, Jarvis

5 minutes ago, Curt said:

Rossi would be first choice for me too.  Rossi, Raymond, Perfetti, Jarvis

Rossi and Perfetti are a tier above the others for me.

I think Perfetti has more upside, but I think Rossi is safer and his game fits better with how our young core is shaping up.

Just now, Eleven said:

Rossi or the Russian goalie or trade it.

He’s weakening.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, dudacek said:

I think Perfetti has more upside, but I think Rossi is safer and his game fits better with how our young core is shaping up.

He’s weakening.

Slightly.  Slightly.  It's also 10pm on a Friday, so I'm tired out.  I may revise when I am refreshed on Sunday or something.

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Slightly.  Slightly.  It's also 10pm on a Friday, so I'm tired out.  I may revise when I am refreshed on Sunday or something.

I'd rather have Jarvis than Perfetti. Better position fit, better skating, more attacking play style. 

10 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He’s weakening.

I think Jarvis is in that tier. Maybe I'm wrong but will find out soon. Hearing how the Sabres are doing things today was interesting and encouraging. 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd rather have Jarvis than Perfetti. Better position fit, better skating, more attacking play style. 

I think Jarvis is in that tier. Maybe I'm wrong but will find out soon. Hearing how the Sabres are doing things today was interesting and encouraging. 

If the Sabres take Jarvis, I am trading YOU.  To Winnipeg.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What if they draft Rossi. 

This is ambiguous.

If the Sabres draft Rossi, you will remain under SabreSpace protection.

If Winnipeg drafts Rossi, I am trading you to Winnipeg for Rossi.  Winnipeg probably wins that trade based upon your scouting abilities, but whatever.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

This is ambiguous.

If the Sabres draft Rossi, you will remain under SabreSpace protection.

If Winnipeg drafts Rossi, I am trading you to Winnipeg for Rossi.  Winnipeg probably wins that trade based upon your scouting abilities, but whatever.

If Rossi is there at 8, Buffalo drafts him. 

40 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Try this drink. It will give you a jolt and allow you to continue on. If after imbibing your hands start to uncontrollably  tremble don't fret it. It's a temporary side effect.  ☠️

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=red+bull+drink&id=78E78CB23D6D554302E29B988374D404D6A1461E&form=IARRTH&first=1&scenario=ImageBasicHover

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

If Rossi is there at 8, Buffalo drafts him. 

I'm fine with that.  And if he isn't?

41 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Try this drink. It will give you a jolt and allow you to continue on. If after imbibing your hands start to uncontrollably  tremble don't fret it. It's a temporary side effect.  ☠️

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=red+bull+drink&id=78E78CB23D6D554302E29B988374D404D6A1461E&form=IARRTH&first=1&scenario=ImageBasicHover

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

So your order of preference would be Rossi, Jarvis, Perfetti?  Where would you fit Raymond in there?

6 minutes ago, steveoath said:

So, whats everyone's top 5 realistic picks for #8. 

For me:

1 Rossi

2 Lundell

3 Perfetti 

4 Raymond

5 Jarvis 

1) Rossi

2) Raymond

TIER GAP

3) Perfetti 

4) Jarvis

5) Lundell

And honestly, I would be ok with Sanderson or Drysdale too, if Rossi and Raymond are gone.  Those two D are great.  Sabres need more forward prospects though, so that would still need to be address somehow.

Possibly a good sign that NBC sports NHL page lists the obvious #1 pick and then 7 more that could be picked after that. Hopefully that means that the dropoff is supposed to start after our #8 pick...

Quinton Byfield (Sudbury – C- OHL), Tim Stutzle (Adler Mannheim – C/LW – DEL), Lucas Raymond (Frolunda – LW/C – SHL), Jamie Drysdale (Erie – D – OHL), Marco Rossi (Ottawa – C – OHL), Cole Perfetti (Saginaw – C – OHL), Jake Sanderson (D – USNTDP) are among the top prospects expected to be selected early.

Edited by CallawaySabres

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.