Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread

Andrew Amerk

7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Hi Swamp!  Lindy is alive, well, the most successful coach we've ever seen in Buffalo, and headed to an arena near you in Jersey.

I'm still not sorry we set him free. I am sorry with who they tried to replace him with, though.

Pro tip: if you hear a millennial use the term dinosaur, hire that coach.

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

Today's games are scheduled for 6pm, 8pm, and 1030pm Eastern.  How stupid can the NHL get? 

Well, when their primary US based network partner had already contracted/ committed to showing Tour de France, Indy Car, and PGA golf on its primary OTA & cable networks, (and their Canadian network partner probably had curling booked all afternoon); they limit their options on when to make up postponed games.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, when their primary US based network partner had already contracted/ committed to showing Tour de France, Indy Car, and PGA golf on its primary OTA & cable networks, (and their Canadian network partner probably had curling booked all afternoon); they limit their options on when to make up postponed games.

That is an explanation--but the league surely reserved time slots for games that already were scheduled for today, right?

33 minutes ago, Eleven said:

That is an explanation--but the league surely reserved time slots for games that already were scheduled for today, right?

They definitely had 2 time slots reserved.  Though to accommodate the 3rd game, would not be surprised if a 7 or 7:30 PM game was adjusted to 8 to squeeze in on the TV schedule the 6PM game.  Didn't see the original schedule, so no idea when the eastern game was originally scheduled.  (Maybe they were originally going the other way w/ 6PM & 9PM and the TO game got moved earlier to accommodate the late one?)

38 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Solid team. Whose their biggest star? 

They are as tough as Boston but with more speed. 

I had trouble remembering who their defenseman were. The no name defense! 

I am a believer in ensemble play; the Isles have that in spades.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

Considering it’s the end of summer and gorgeous out, I think it’s pretty smart.

It can't be gorgeous across the whole continent.  And in two weeks, we'll all have eyeballs on screens at 1pm even if it's gorgeous out.  I really think they missed an opportunity here, and since it's the NHL, I'm not easily going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.