Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread

Andrew Amerk

On 8/27/2020 at 2:10 AM, PerreaultForever said:

He's been pretty good. Makes you wonder right?

About how easy it will be to fill depth roles once you don't really even need to ask that much of those you are asking to do so, owing to the upper lines being adequately populated?

Yes, a lot. 

Edited by Thorny

10 hours ago, sabremike said:

Giving Hart a warning for a blatant violation of the rules was just about the most Calvinball thing ever.

They're trying to help me extend my bracket for one more round.

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Canucks defy the odds yet again. Say what you want about them, that team has resilience and thus the makings of a good solid future. 

That is exactly what I would say about them.

15 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Claude Gireaux (sic) has been invisible in the playoffs. Five assists, no goals. So almost invisible 

He's fine with the assists, and if you watched the pre-game warmup, he did a great job of firing up his team.

Classic Avs Stars

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Game seven. Nice.

So glad we traded Zadorov. He couldn't even show up to meetings on time.

At least we traded him for a guy who also evidently enjoys playing in the playoffs. It's too bad we traded HIM for players that couldn't. 

13 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Game seven. Nice.

So glad we traded Zadorov. He couldn't even show up to meetings on time.

I know you're being sardonic.  The NBC announcers were pretty heavy on the praise for him tonight.  Also, he's got some nice flow going.  Still, it was a good trade.  It's what the Sabres did with the asset afterward that is frustrating.

Edited by Eleven

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I know you're being sardonic.  The NBC announcers were pretty heavy on the praise for him tonight.  Also, he's got some nice flow going.  Still, it was a good trade.  It's what the Sabres did with the asset afterward that is frustrating.

Agree. Recency bias isn’t going to cloud the decision on that one.

I hope Dahlin develops as good as, if not better, than Makar

7 hours ago, Eleven said:

Yep.  When Zadorov scored, turned to the wife and said compared to what the Sabres have left really would be nice to still have Zadorov & Compher but had no issues w/ the trade at the time & it was a good one for the Sabres.

(Dead horse beating warning.)  Their problem wasn't what they gave up to get O'Reilly, Lehner, Kane, Bogosian, etc.  Their problem is what they got in return when shipping those guys out of town.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.