COVID-19

Indabuff

51 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I can’t find how often they are tested but the numbers are down from Phase 2 which was 43 positive.

That's good.  

Just asking, because 2,600 tests for 800+ players is about 3 tests/player.  So guessed that they were tested on day 1, day 3, & day 5.  Was wondering if that was the actual testing schedule.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Taro T said:

That's good.  

Just asking, because 2,600 tests for 800+ players is about 3 tests/player.  So guessed that they were tested on day 1, day 3, & day 5.  Was wondering if that was the actual testing schedule.

Are we to be fascinated by this or disgusted?

A county judge (aka commissioner) from Dallas County, Texas just said on CNN they still don't have enough testing and the testing they can do is taking up to 10 days for results. I work in a long term care facility that got one round of universal testing (with results in five business days, we were told), and because that round was all negative, there won't be another round unless we have someone get sick with Covid.

What's wrong with this picture?

55 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Fla about to pass NY in total cases in approximately 6 days... Cali 3 days... TX... 14 days

Is there a place you go for reliable up to date data that provides more than total new cases, total new deaths, etc.? I hear a lot about hospitalization rates, deaths per 100,000, and so on -- it seems that we need more context than "cases are increasing in number."

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Fla about to pass NY in total cases in approximately 6 days... Cali 3 days... TX... 14 days

Fortunately management of Covid Patients has improved to the point where the death toll of these states should not equal NYS 

44 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Are we to be fascinated by this or disgusted?

A county judge (aka commissioner) from Dallas County, Texas just said on CNN they still don't have enough testing and the testing they can do is taking up to 10 days for results. I work in a long term care facility that got one round of universal testing (with results in five business days, we were told), and because that round was all negative, there won't be another round unless we have someone get sick with Covid.

What's wrong with this picture?

Totally agree.  I was more than a bit annoyed when the NBA had tests for every player but the general public didn't, back in the spring.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Eleven said:

In general, it's 100%.  I don't know about COVID-specific, though.

Dust in the Wind

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Is there a place you go for reliable up to date data that provides more than total new cases, total new deaths, etc.? I hear a lot about hospitalization rates, deaths per 100,000, and so on -- it seems that we need more context than "cases are increasing in number."

https://apple.news/AeKWNp5RXS_X50vGtnHXPUw

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Right now it at 3.7% but part may be delay in deaths after all this positive testing unsure but expect it to be around 5% when spike subsided.  Hard to tell but give a month or two.

The "true" death rate is now thought to be between .5 and 1%. Still five to 10 times more lethal than the flu. There's a good story linked on The Drudge Report today, but I"m absolutely too lazy right now to go find it.

New York has expanded its list of states for the travel advisory:  https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/10-more-states-added-to-new-york-coronavirus-travel-advisory-31-total-on-updated-list/

On Thursday, my parents spent a night in one of the newly-added states.  All they did was stay in a hotel and move on (they had been visiting my sister in a state that is not on the list.)  Any doctor here care to tell me what to tell them?

2 hours ago, hsif said:

Montana was added to the new listing...... 2 deaths yesterday....... 110 new cases (7-day avg.) on 2900 tests (7-day avg)..... or 3.8% positive on tests...... I don't understand the NYS hurdles. 

https://covidtracking.com/data/charts/all-metrics-per-state 

The criteria are explained in the article I posted.  Whether the criteria are appropriate, I have no idea.

5 hours ago, Eleven said:

New York has expanded its list of states for the travel advisory:  https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/10-more-states-added-to-new-york-coronavirus-travel-advisory-31-total-on-updated-list/

On Thursday, my parents spent a night in one of the newly-added states.  All they did was stay in a hotel and move on (they had been visiting my sister in a state that is not on the list.)  Any doctor here care to tell me what to tell them?

Staying in a Hotel Two Nights is considered low-moderate risk, which is the same as eating at a restaurant outside. They only stayed one which should decrease their risk. 

Depending on the State, My advice would be quarantine for Seven Days and then get tested if negative at that point they should be Ok.