COVID-19

Indabuff

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You've clearly never in your life worked in k12 education. 

I'm not saying that to be mean or nasty. Schools are chaos because kids, especially younger ones don't listen they throw tantrums, they don't understand why they can't, they will touch and lick and share. There's no plan you can create that's gonna work, it's not a walmart where you can stop Billy Badass from coming without his mask, Billy at school is licking his friends pencils because he was told not to. 

I miss Billy.  I remember that time on the bus in 7th grade when he mooned Patrick's mom.  He was grounded for like a month.  

So, since my doctor highly recommended that I get a colonoscopy, I was further informed that COVID-19 testing is mandatory prior to any procedure now.

I have been quarantined in my place since late Friday morning. The procedure is tomorrow morning.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Crosschecking said:

So, since my doctor highly recommended that I get a colonoscopy, I was further informed that COVID-19 testing is mandatory prior to any procedure now.

I have been quarantined in my place since late Friday morning. The procedure is tomorrow morning.

What a pain in the @ss.

Edit: meant to say ... What?  A pain in the @ss?

Edited by carpandean
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 7/25/2020 at 11:47 AM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Just to show how absolutley irrational everyone is in the decision making process in this.... One of my nurses went on a trip last week, her friend has Covid and they shared straws, drinks etc.

When she came home the DOH had her quarantine for the 14 days with in home checks, ok, whatever.... The kicker, even though she had it and was asymptomatic, she was allowed to come to work as a nurse during her "quarantine" 

I think what bothers me the most of all of this is the complete and utter lack of common sense in it all, from the top down to the local hospital policies.

We also have the ability to test IGg and IGm antibodies in the blood which in theory should be more slam dunk than the nasal swabs, they come back quicker, but yet other facilities won't accept transfers without the nasal swabs which take 3-5 days still, so now we have patients sitting in a hospital getting worse because of absolutley silly rules.

My good teacher friend said when they start school, 2 days a week will be in class but the other 3 online.... Why?! Wtf?? That makes less than zero sense.... Freaking pick a path and take it, keep it online or let them go to school, why are we complicating everything? 

Misanthropy would be a positive step up for me at this point. 

The school thing is confusing unless they separate the classes and make them smaller... meaning only half the school is there at any one time... Still trying to figure that out for my kids.  PS We are not going to send my special needs youngest kid to school.  He is too handsy and touchy feely.  So gonna online and home school him... decisions.

Edited by North Buffalo

5 hours ago, carpandean said:

What a pain in the @ss.

Edit: meant to say ... What?  A pain in the @ss?

To say the least!

It’s one thing to have an exclusively liquid diet the day before. But to take the SUPREP is a totally different ordeal.

Edited by Crosschecking
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Crosschecking said:

To say the least!

It’s one thing to have an exclusively liquid diet the day before. But to take the SUPREP is a totally different ordeal.

Ah the joys of being over 50... My second one is in December... though the drugs they give you are sublime.

We've been doing this for 4 months now, and it's only going to get worse over the next 8. Between the opinions, unknowns, sports, general way of life every day...it's exhausting. 8 more months just seems, well, exhausting

Kids getting sick from COVID, numbers going up in Florida. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/27/health/florida-covid-children-hospitalizations/index.html

and according to a Korea study, young kids transmit the disease just as much as adults

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-07-19-20-intl/h_a5b2022896050361c7c0798e8210e659

Edited by LGR4GM

On 7/26/2020 at 10:33 AM, Curt said:

Why do you think it seems like that?

On 7/26/2020 at 11:09 AM, SwampD said:

Yeah. If you’re a parent, you know that getting those little ***** out of the house for even only 2 days a week is a godsend.

And not sure why schools should have it figured out when nowhere else has.

The schedule posted above does not meaningfully address any exposure issues.  I don't care if they open or close, but just do one or the other so parents can figure it out.

45 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The schedule posted above does not meaningfully address any exposure issues.  I don't care if they open or close, but just do one or the other so parents can figure it out.

You're entitled to your opinion, I just think it's weird. Sorta like when Woody said that because some people wear masks wrong, nobody should wear them.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I think that having fewer people, kids especially, in one place, at one time, does lower the risks of exposure.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

You're entitled to your opinion, I just think it's weird. Sorta like when Woody said that because some people wear masks wrong, nobody should wear them.

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.7e8d154eee7c96eef5eee5f0b75dc411&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2ff8tG4GbqU0NlEp5WWB%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=nU0XZYxeyhk%2f5J13DxUi%2bi5BYuYC0wWfhOK1swt43Zg%3d

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Sorry. Didn't mean it to be.

It's all good, I was saying it in a joking manner... I'm at the point where I just want it all to be done. Sadly the sheer amount of disrespect I've had to endure over the last few months has taken its toll on me.... And that was AFTER I cleaned up my original stance from this thread in the beginning. I'm no epidemiologist, but I have significant involvement with disease, in the first and third world, I still went to school for a decade+ and have a feel for things in a different sense. But Joe Schmoe that uses Google clearly is allowed to be an ass hat. 

Sorry for the vent. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

right click, copy image address, paste

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47g0kmkjqit4ud2hidqz

Ah, I am on mobile so I have to add it different, sometimes the link inserts and sometimes I get a hyperlink. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It's all good, I was saying it in a joking manner... I'm at the point where I just want it all to be done. Sadly the sheer amount of disrespect I've had to endure over the last few months has taken its toll on me.... And that was AFTER I cleaned up my original stance from this thread in the beginning. I'm no epidemiologist, but I have significant involvement with disease, in the first and third world, I still went to school for a decade+ and have a feel for things in a different sense. But Joe Schmoe that uses Google clearly is allowed to be an ass hat. 

Sorry for the vent. 

This thread has had less interest for me as soon as you went radio silent.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

This thread has had less interest for me as soon as you went radio silent.

I'm trying to find a way to assimilate a bit back into it, but also don't want a repeat of a few months ago. 

At least I'm glad to see that no one here seems to have gotten the worst of anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Ah the joys of being over 50... My second one is in December... though the drugs they give you are sublime.

Well, that was the nice part (sort of). The anesthesia didn’t make me nauseous this time. I also told the nurses that I wanted to walk out on my own power instead of in a wheelchair. Less chance of me to get dizzy.

The nice part about having this whole time off is that I got a lot of reading done.

Seems to me that a lot of people are placing money over health. Health is more valuable than any amount of money. 

If an MLB team of 25-30 players has 8-14 positives after, what only 3 days of baseball? How is having multiple classrooms of similar numbers of students in one building going to end up with better results? 

11 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Seems to me that a lot of people are placing money over health. Health is more valuable than any amount of money. 

If an MLB team of 25-30 players has 8-14 positives after, what only 3 days of baseball? How is having multiple classrooms of similar numbers of students in one building going to end up with better results? 

It's not. The only ppl who believe that are ppl who don't actually believe that but want to push an agenda to hurt public education and dump more public money into private k12 (primarily catholic) schools.

Edited by LGR4GM

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

You might need this ...

Google University of Medicine Degree

• Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It's not. The only ppl who believe that are ppl who don't actually believe that but want to push an agenda to hurt public education and dump more public money into private k12 (primarily catholic) schools.

If that’s true, it certainly seems like an odd way to go about it. 

Using a public health crisis to push an agenda seems immoral, at best.