Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

57 minutes ago, #freejame said:

If it comes with a 3x5.5 contract I say yes, so long as this year is lottery protected. 

That’s not happening. He would get more than Braden Point 

40 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I don't think I buy that source at all. Does that site have a facebook page with the same name?

Yes

14 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

That trade would be horrible and should be the end of Botterill.  Essentially Botterill would be selling our future for a chance at saving his own butt this season.  Where did I leave that torch?

Yes to first sentence, but not because of the second. Laine is 21.

its a bad trade because Laine isn’t good enough to warrant that kind of return.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, freester said:

Rumor: from NHL TRADE RUMORS 

Laine for Risto, Sheary, and 2 number 1 picks 

I would not like this unless the picks are lottery protected 

This feels like a GMTM trade and not JBOT trade , especially since WIN is desperate for D so we have the leverage here. Trading 4 players for an under-motivated player is a terrible idea.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Yes to first sentence, but not because of the second. Laine is 21.

its a bad trade because Laine isn’t good enough to warrant that kind of return.

Well, you are correct that Laine is young enough to be around for several years of the Sabres future.  The future I was referring to are the 2 first round picks. 

5 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Well, you are correct that Laine is young enough to be around for several years of the Sabres future.  The future I was referring to are the 2 first round picks. 

I will happily trade multiple first rounders for a top forward as long as he’s under 25. That player isn’t Laine.

2 hours ago, freester said:

Rumor: from NHL TRADE RUMORS 

Laine for Risto, Sheary, and 2 number 1 picks 

I would not like this unless the picks are lottery protected 

So let me get this straight, many people were against trading risto for laine straight up but now there is a rumor that it is risto plus a player plus two first-round draft picks??

If this was to actually happen, I would be 95% sure I would give up my season tickets once and for all

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

So let me get this straight, many people were against trading risto for laine straight up but now there is a rumor that it is risto plus a player plus two first-round draft picks??

If this was to actually happen, I would be 95% sure I would give up my season tickets once and for all

Risto for Laine straight up is totally unrealistic. Winnipeg would never do that. 

Two firsts is two too many. I disliked Skinner but in a way that I still respected his talent.  He scored ES goals which this team lacked. He didn’t need PP time and that’s fine we have Eichel and Dahlin to hog the puck.  Laine is prims Donna material.  Wants more money than Eichel, but only scores on PP?  Doesn’t forecheck?  Not Swedish?  Blegh 

41 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Two firsts is two too many. I disliked Skinner but in a way that I still respected his talent.  He scored ES goals which this team lacked. He didn’t need PP time and that’s fine we have Eichel and Dahlin to hog the puck.  Laine is prims Donna material.  Wants more money than Eichel, but only scores on PP?  Doesn’t forecheck?  Not Swedish?  Blegh 

?

8 hours ago, Briere48 said:

Different sites. The site with the Risto rumor is MYnhltraderumors.com, which is a bogus site. The "sister site" to MLB trade rumors is https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/

Yea, an enforceable rule to only allow vetted sources in here when it comes to rumors of trades would be nice. I know theres no interest in that. It’s just my two cents ...

10 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I don't think the Jets would make the trade if the picks were lottery-protected.

However, if they agreed to, say, top-10 protection on the picks, and if Laine agreed to a bridge deal as part of the trade, I would make the trade in a heartbeat.

Thankfully you aren't the gm then. 

Let me ask you this, is Sam Reinhart was on Winnipeg and the ask was what you just described for Laine, would you do it? 

Edited by LGR4GM

44 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Thankfully you aren't the gm then. 

Let me ask you this, is Sam Reinhart was on Winnipeg and the ask was what you just described for Laine, would you do it? 

So the question is whether I would trade Sheary, Risto and 2 protected #1s for Reino? 

Interesting.  Maybe.

I've already said that I'd trade Reino for Laine straight up, so getting Reino back for that package would IMHO be less than getting Laine back -- but OTOH there is a good likelihood that that package turns out to look fancier than it actually is.  Sheary has close to zero value, Risto may have plateaued as a good-but-not-great defender, and picks after the top 10, possible several years out, are a crapshoot.

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So the question is whether I would trade Sheary, Risto and 2 protected #1s for Reino? 

Interesting.  Maybe.

I've already said that I'd trade Reino for Laine straight up, so getting Reino back for that package would IMHO be less than getting Laine back -- but OTOH there is a good likelihood that that package turns out to look fancier than it actually is.  Sheary has close to zero value, Risto may have plateaued as a good-but-not-great defender, and picks after the top 10, possible several years out, are a crapshoot.

stephen colbert no GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

• Haha (+1) 4

For my money ...

Current roster ... Except for Eichel, and Dahlin, Reinhart is the next most important player on this team. He’s the straw that stirs the drink with almost anyone he plays with. It would take a lot to convince me to move such an important piece. As a side note, I don’t want Laine at all.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.