Jump to content

Jbot needs to go


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

 

How exactly is Jbot responsible for the mistakes made before he got here? 

By what objective measures is Jbot incompetent? Have the Amerks improved since he got here? Yes.  Is his drafting poor?  We don’t know yet but it is showing promise.  Is the pipeline better?  I believe it is, especially at D and goaltending.  Cap management?  Not perfect but considering this will be the first offseason with substantial cap space since TM spent us in oblivion, I’d say a passing grade.  What about trades? Mixed, some great ( Joker and Skinner) some good (Scandella in), some below average (Scandella out and Kane) and one terrible so far (ROR).  

The next and most important question is are the Sabres better? They are on their highest point pace since before TM.  They are scoring more goals in real and adjusted terms and giving up less in real and adjusted terms since before TM.  

This team is far from complete and Jbot has made some big errors (like not replacing ROR quickly) but the trend is in the right direction.  At worst he deserves another season to see if he can get the team into the playoffs.

FYI Snow was GM with the Islanders for 12 years and Milbury for 11 years.   Not really legit comparisons with Jbot but posting without doing research is a habit around here. 

Um, guess what other team I've been a 10 year STH for? Using them to make a point about stability above all is ridiculous. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

I think he's going to bring in Trocheck from Florida. We don't play again until Saturday, he has time before then. And I don't think that's the only deal he'll make, I think another goalie is coming in as well. Along with another player or 2 to boot.

I believe Botterill wants the playoffs, and I think he's going to bolster the roster to push up on Toronto and Florida. Just a hunch.

Wow.  You are talking about unprecedented JBOT activity in a very short timeframe.  A center, a goalie, and a another player or two.  That is asking a lot.  He needed to get started on this BEFORE the break. 

I do not want to see Trocheck for Risto, or Trocheck for Montour.  Trocheck is a 3C on a good playoff team and he has just a few years left before he becomes a 4C. 

Risto and Montour are top 4 defenseman with lots of miles.  Risto especially has been playing good hockey, and I would  want a stud 2C for him plus a prospect or picks. 

JBOT better not waste the last few decent asset we have.  

  • Like (+1) 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

JBot's recent tactics are kind of like how we manage food at home.  We buy expensive stuff (ex. steaks, seafood, etc.) and throw it in the freezer.  It sits there day after day, week after week with no action.  We decide it's finally time to do something with it and take it out.  By then it has freezer burn and we decide it's no good and throw it out with no return and/or go get fast food.  He has mishandled situations like BOGO and Scandella and went after convenient (but useless) targets like Frolik.

He cannot be trusted to salvage what assets we still have left.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

I think he's going to bring in Trocheck from Florida. We don't play again until Saturday, he has time before then. And I don't think that's the only deal he'll make, I think another goalie is coming in as well. Along with another player or 2 to boot.

I believe Botterill wants the playoffs, and I think he's going to bolster the roster to push up on Toronto and Florida. Just a hunch.

If JBot still is thinking playoffs he needs to take a math class.  I mean he can't, he just can't.

He better not be thinking of short term trades.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scottysabres said:

Apples and ........... Filet Mingon?

 

^Mignon.... its one of the best cuts of meat. At the very least, we can spell it correctly to honor its tasty goodness properly ?

Point is regardless if its mathematically theoretically possible, the probability of us doing a total 180 from the past few years of hockey & becoming one of the hottest teams in the league down the stretch to make the playoffs is pretty much slim to none. Especially given our last game vs Ottawa where we got roasted 7-4. Just like that Filet Mignon, with the Sabres you can stick a fork in them. i wish i wasn't saying that but the whole 'you gotta believe & theres always hope' left the building awhile ago, anything else is just fooling ourselves.

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If he can get us a 2C with term that helps this season and next, is anyone really going to complain?

No but with the salary cap as it is I would assume this is going to be hard to do over the next few days.  Offseason more likely but even then he didn’t do nearly enough last offseason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

 

How exactly is Jbot responsible for the mistakes made before he got here? 

By what objective measures is Jbot incompetent? Have the Amerks improved since he got here? Yes.  Is his drafting poor?  We don’t know yet but it is showing promise.  Is the pipeline better?  I believe it is, especially at D and goaltending.  Cap management?  Not perfect but considering this will be the first offseason with substantial cap space since TM spent us in oblivion, I’d say a passing grade.  What about trades? Mixed, some great ( Joker and Skinner) some good (Scandella in), some below average (Scandella out and Kane) and one terrible so far (ROR).  

The next and most important question is are the Sabres better? They are on their highest point pace since before TM.  They are scoring more goals in real and adjusted terms and giving up less in real and adjusted terms since before TM.  

This team is far from complete and Jbot has made some big errors (like not replacing ROR quickly) but the trend is in the right direction.  At worst he deserves another season to see if he can get the team into the playoffs.

FYI Snow was GM with the Islanders for 12 years and Milbury for 11 years.   Not really legit comparisons with Jbot but posting without doing research is a habit around here. 

Funny you say that when you continue to incorrectly assert that Murray left Botterill with a cap mess. 3 contracts: Risto, Bogo, Okposo. That's it. Botterill made his own mess by paying bad hockey players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Funny you say that when you continue to incorrectly assert that Murray left Botterill with a cap mess. 3 contracts: Risto, Bogo, Okposo. That's it. Botterill made his own mess by paying bad hockey players. 

Short memory I see.  Moulson, Gorges, Lehner, ROR, Ennis, Foligno and Kane were all here and under contract or RFAs in addition to your 3; plus he had to re-sign Eichel for big $.  

He did have some cap room initially which he used some of it to get out from under Ennis’ deal by trading Foligno and Ennis to get Scandella and Pommers which was a good trade.  
 

 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, In The Buff said:

^Mignon.... its one of the best cuts of meat. At the very least, we can spell it correctly to honor its tasty goodness properly ?

Point is regardless if its mathematically theoretically possible, the probability of us doing a total 180 from the past few years of hockey & becoming one of the hottest teams in the league down the stretch to make the playoffs is pretty much slim to none. Especially given our last game vs Ottawa where we got roasted 7-4. Just like that Filet Mignon, with the Sabres you can stick a fork in them. i wish i wasn't saying that but the whole 'you gotta believe & theres always hope' left the building awhile ago, anything else is just fooling ourselves.

Lol, sorry, typing ahead of myself.

Anything is possible, no matter how improbable, if the math works. And in this case, they are not mathematically eliminated...….yet.

Botterill is looking for a top 6 with term, and no matter what the analytical hockey world pundits say, this deadline is as equally capable of landing that as the off season is. We have until 3pm Monday to find out. In the mean time, Botterill wants the playoffs in my humble opinion, moves are coming, for what price and exactly what in return, sometimes the waiting game pays off...…………….

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Short memory I see.  Moulson, Gorges, Lehner, ROR, Ennis, Foligno and Kane were all here and under contract or RFAs in addition to your 3; plus he had to re-sign Eichel for big $.  

He did have some cap room initially which he used some of it to get out from under Ennis’ deal by trading Foligno and Ennis to get Scandella and Pommers which was a good trade.  
 

 

I think you are really stretching this.

Moulson and Gorges belong, but they were expiring contracts. Foligno, Kane and Lehner were signed at more or less market value.

And the idea that O’Reilly was a bad contract is laughable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Short memory I see.  Moulson, Gorges, Lehner, ROR, Ennis, Foligno and Kane were all here and under contract or RFAs in addition to your 3; plus he had to re-sign Eichel for big $.  

He did have some cap room initially which he used some of it to get out from under Ennis’ deal by trading Foligno and Ennis to get Scandella and Pommers which was a good trade.  
 

 

Every single player you just listed in your bad contracts has been gone for almost 2 years or more. Also suggesting ROR was a bad contract is laughable. 

Lehner, Gorges, Foligno, Ennis, Kane were replaced with Hutton, hunwick, sheary, vesey, frolic. Botterill added all those players. Moulson got waived and was off the books this past year. The only bad contract that gmtm forced botterill to carry was Bogo. 

You keep pushing this theory and it's not accurate. Botterill handicapped himself with the cap. He's responsible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Every single player you just listed in your bad contracts has been gone for almost 2 years or more. Also suggesting ROR was a bad contract is laughable. 

Lehner, Gorges, Foligno, Ennis, Kane were replaced with Hutton, hunwick, sheary, vesey, frolic. Botterill added all those players. Moulson got waived and was off the books this past year. The only bad contract that gmtm forced botterill to carry was Bogo. 

You keep pushing this theory and it's not accurate. Botterill handicapped himself with the cap. He's responsible. 

I happen to agree with you, except, Bogo wasn't the only bad contract, Okposo's contract, although he does contribute some, is less than desirable for the production. Otherwise, carry on...……...

Edited by Scottysabres
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think you are really stretching this.

Moulson and Gorges belong, but they were expiring contracts. Foligno, Kane and Lehner were signed at more or less market value.

And the idea that O’Reilly was a bad contract is laughable.

I didn’t say bad contract.  I said cap hell.  Big difference.  TrueBlue said he only inherited 3 bad contracts which was incorrect.  I said he inherited cap hell from TM which is pretty accurate.  The sad part is we are still carrying 11 mill in TM contracts plus Risto’s.

Also Moulson had two years left.  Ennis had two or more if memory serves.

I listed the expensive contracts Jbot inherited ( I forgot Risto) not who was a good or bad contract.  However Ennis Gorges and Mouslon were bad contracts. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Short memory I see.  Moulson, Gorges, Lehner, ROR, Ennis, Foligno and Kane were all here and under contract or RFAs in addition to your 3; plus he had to re-sign Eichel for big $.  

He did have some cap room initially which he used some of it to get out from under Ennis’ deal by trading Foligno and Ennis to get Scandella and Pommers which was a good trade.  
 

 

So excuse Botterill's first season, not 3 years later. 3 current contracts were signed by Murray, and I believe you like one if them (Risto). That's not cap hell. Tim Murray didn't make Botterill decide Sobotka, Berglund, Vesey, etc were worthy of acquisition. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

A math class will teach him about probabilities.

Your not for selling off assets to pick up short term help to make the playoffs, are you?

Depends on the help and the asset(s). I taint getting any younger...………(insert picture of skeleton waiting for the treasure to be found on Oak Island here) ?

 

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I didn’t say bad contract.  I said cap hell.  Big difference.  TrueBlue said he only inherited 3 bad contracts which was incorrect.  I said he inherited cap hell from TM which is pretty accurate.  The sad part is we are still carrying 11 mill in TM contracts plus Risto’s.

Also Moulson had two years left.  Ennis had two or more if memory serves.

I listed the expensive contracts Jbot inherited ( I forgot Risto) not who was a good or bad contract.  However Ennis Gorges and Mouslon were bad contracts. 

And botterill got rid of most of that and replaced it with garbage. We're in cap hell because of botterill. Idk how anyone could argue otherwise. 

Jbot had all those bad contracts gone this summer and did things like keep all the defenders and bring in vesey and later frolic. He's the reason our cap sucks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

JBot's recent tactics are kind of like how we manage food at home.  We buy expensive stuff (ex. steaks, seafood, etc.) and throw it in the freezer.  It sits there day after day, week after week with no action.  We decide it's finally time to do something with it and take it out.  By then it has freezer burn and we decide it's no good and throw it out with no return and/or go get fast food.  He has mishandled situations like BOGO and Scandella and went after convenient (but useless) targets like Frolik.

He cannot be trusted to salvage what assets we still have left.

You need to throw more BBQs :)

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

JBot's recent tactics are kind of like how we manage food at home.  We buy expensive stuff (ex. steaks, seafood, etc.) and throw it in the freezer.  It sits there day after day, week after week with no action.  We decide it's finally time to do something with it and take it out.  By then it has freezer burn and we decide it's no good and throw it out with no return and/or go get fast food.  He has mishandled situations like BOGO and Scandella and went after convenient (but useless) targets like Frolik.

He cannot be trusted to salvage what assets we still have left.

Steak should never be frozen...…………..on the grill same day, or marinades for 24 to 48, depending on how good your marinade is. ? 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...