Jbot needs to go

Wyldnwoody44

1 minute ago, wsam4031 said:

they may not be official busts yet but when these guys get a whole season in the nhl and then get sent down its usually not a good sign. mitts cant even score in ROch. If im botts i trade him while he has any value, if he still does. i see Grigorenko written all over him

Except Mitts can skate a little.

17 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Except Mitts can skate a little.

15 minutes ago, wsam4031 said:

yea he doesn't skate like a figure skater true!

I see your Grigorenko, and raise you 1 Cody Hodgson.

Think about the "wait til this guy gets here" or "wait til this guy is ready" guys in our system for nearly the last decade who are not on the team now, for one reason or the other.  Most just never made it; some were traded for other players who never really made it.  Some were traded to get guys like ROR but then ROR was given away for nothing so it was like giving the ROR deal players away for nothing.

We just don't have much talent on the team and very little to show for the last 5/6/7/8 years of waiting/drafting/development.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Think about the "wait til this guy gets here" or "wait til this guy is ready" guys in our system for nearly the last decade who are not on the team now, for one reason or the other.  Most just never made it; some were traded for other players who never really made it.  Some were traded to get guys like ROR but then ROR was given away for nothing so it was like giving the ROR deal players away for nothing.

We just don't have much talent on the team and very little to show for the last 5/6/7/8 years of waiting/drafting/development.

Cody Hodgson.... My god, I had forgotten that guy ever existed.... Until now!

19 minutes ago, Kristian said:

He retired, didn’t he? How can he be on the payroll? Take up cap space I’d understand, but are we still paying that stiff??? ???

12 minutes ago, cgang said:

As depressing as things have been, this really struck a cord with me for some reason.  

Check it out. Scroll down to Buyout.

and it’s three years. Not two.

Edited by Zamboni

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Downright mediocre teams compete for the playoffs this year, and replacing Hutton with average backup goaltending would have us probably right down to the wire this season alone, so while I agree that we are a few years out from being a seriously good team there's no reason outside incompetence why we can't have an exciting March and April next season 

Edited by PerreaultForever

3 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

This.  Good comparison.   Question is how can we do a reverse Kassian trade?   We need to find a trade partner where we give the weaker Hodgson type player (Casey) and receive a bigger/stronger player (like Zack) with more smarts.  

Edited by Broken Ankles
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Y'all really in here trashing Hodgson? Dude had a rare medical condition. 

Does that mean you are ok giving part of the Sabres cap (almost $900k per year for the next 3 years) to him when his last season with us was in 2015? 

I don’t like Ehrhoff’s buyout either.  https://www.capfriendly.com/players/christian-ehrhoff
So between the two of them we have almost $2m in dead cap space.  Good for you if you don’t find that kind of hard to take/regretful. 

Edited by cgang

17 minutes ago, cgang said:

Does that mean you are ok giving part of the Sabres cap (almost $900k per year for the next 3 years) to him when his last season with us was in 2015? 

I don’t like Ehrhoff’s buyout either.  https://www.capfriendly.com/players/christian-ehrhoff
So between the two of them we have almost $2m in dead cap space.  Good for you if you don’t find that kind of hard to take/regretful. 

Ehrhoff was a compliance buyout.  He doesn't cost any cap space.

5 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

You've just forgotten what replacement-level GMing is capable of

Its not an impressive feat to be in the 12-16 range of teams and solid managing and a solid offseason can put most non-first-year-of-rebuild teams in contention for it 

Sorry, but if it's that simple, we should already be there. The problem here runs deeper imo and thus is not easy to fix. 

11 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

This.  Good comparison.   Question is how can we do a reverse Kassian trade?   We need to find a trade partner where we give the weaker Hodgson type player (Casey) and receive a bigger/stronger player (like Zack) with more smarts.  

Cody Hodgson was the better player. Without his medical issue he would have easily out produced Kassian. Hodgson wasn't weak and it's revisionist to imply he was. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Sorry, but if it's that simple, we should already be there. The problem here runs deeper imo and thus is not easy to fix. 

It is that simple. The problem is our GM traded pillars for cinder blocks and thinks bad players are good. That's the reason we aren't already there. It's been highlighted in my last 8,000 or so posts 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

PA uses analytics; car chases dog

Why you keep Krueger: Sabres were 4th in cycle chances in February

Why you dump Botterill: Sabres were 29th in cycle goals in February

The system works, the coach is good. The players suck.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.