GDT Lightning at Sabres 12/31/19 7pm

SwampD

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

The fight McCabe instigated in response to a clean hit? If that's not Karma, I don't know what is.

Lovely that the board wants a "response" but hates a "response."

It's freaking Sergachev.  It is PRESUMED dirty.

7 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Another Season down the toilet. Our 50th Anniversary season is officially done at this point and time, the management/ownership team have proven they care little about winning, but they do care about making money.

I have come to terms with this fact, we have an Ottawa Senators type owner. And with that belief, I am done spending 1 more penny on this team. I am done with it, along with my children and grandchildren. I will now actively lead my family to follow a playoff bound team, yet again. This sucks Pegula, you hear me, this sucks.

I feel your pain because I too think this is the end of the season in terms of contending for a playoff.  I disagree on Pegula being in it only for money.  I do think he wants to restore the team.  

He needs to make more and better connections in the NHL.  He has to find a GM that can get the job done.   Like Beane and McDermott.  He has to move on from JBot as soon as he gets a better option.   We are the California Golden Seals right now.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

The fight McCabe instigated in response to a clean hit? If that's not Karma, I don't know what is.

You just lost all credibility with that comment.  That fight was about a lot more than that one hit.  

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Pimlach said:

You just lost all credibility with that comment.  That fight was about a lot more than that one hit.  

Yep. The two previous hits that knocked one player out for the season and concussed the other were “clean hits.”

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Yep. The two previous hits that knocked one player out for the season and concussed the other were “clean hits.”

Exactly.  If that dirty jerk comes NEAR a Sabre, I want McCabe doing what he did.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I'm speechless; hopefully our next decade is filled with fun because this one sucked.

Worst decade in history just ended.  

In the 70’s we started with nothing and became a solid playoff team in 3 years, played for the Cup  in 5 years, and we did it in the toughest division in NHL. 

In the 10’s we are out of the playoffs ... what 8 or 9 years in a row?  

• Like (+1) 1

True isn't saying that he wouldn't want to see a response when it was legitimately warranted. But fighting after clean hits has ALWAYS been dumb. It just waters down the meaning of actual responses when they are actually warranted. 

The Sabres should have taken someone down in the game when Dahlin took the cheap shot. It's too little, too late trying to do it today and Botterill was mistaken to call up Smith. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

While I agree with you on this, it would take a lot more than one single not great take by @TrueBlueGED for him to lose any credibility atol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Weave said:

Given the recent past, I think that response needed to happen.  That it needed to happen is part of the the problem.

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It's meaningless. It's no more necessary or useful than Gaustad fighting Lucic weeks (months? I honestly don't remember the timeline) after the fact. It shows nothing, does nothing, proves nothing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, SwampD said:

There was no penalty called on the play, because, we’ll, it’s Tampa. 

That was so ridiculous at the time. Everyone knew it was a penalty. That's when we needed the response. You can't manufacture it in a lineup after the fact. 

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Marty ponders whether Jack's goal is GOTY.

@Randall Flaggwas right. 

How much better would we remember that goal if we actually won?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.