GDT Lightning at Sabres 12/31/19 7pm

SwampD

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

That was so ridiculous at the time. Everyone knew it was a penalty. That's when we needed the response. You can't manufacture it in a lineup after the fact. 

I agree. Certainly not with 1:26 of ice time. A ridiculous move. If you’re going to bring him up for grit, then ***** use him for grit.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I agree. Certainly not with 1:26 of ice time. A ridiculous move. If you’re going to bring him up for grit, then ***** use him for grit.

Like, didn't you feel the anger arise when Dahlin took the hit? I'm sure you did. My emotion was boiling. "I played hockey, so I know what I'm talking about" is always something I cringe hearing, but I do play and I've lost my tempter on the ice and haven't hesitated to defend a teammate when the situation arose. The emotion comes naturally. 

If it didn't come for them when it happened to Dahlin, trying to inject in manually afterwords is a fool's errand. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

Lightning TV ... Coach, players, Andreychuck color, replay after replay ... Sergachev v McCabe.

One guy thought he had to ,,, the other guy stood up for himself.  Sergachev was the team tough I want.  McCabe (who I generally dig) was not.

I can see both sides of the fighting/toughness argument

1) We need to.be tougher/ more physical AS A TEAM and on a consistent basis, it means nothing if you don't do it consistently

2) Taking bad penalties will only hurt us

3) Getting even does matter, Psychologically. I'm sorry, anybody who has played any contact sport knows why. Its in your DNA, if not you're a loser and you don't belong out there.Look no further than our last two opponents for a frame of reference 

2 minutes ago, Ogre said:

And you’re a mod now? Cheese and rice! Go have another drink and enjoy the new year.

What? One was me. I didn't wanna just "take my ball and go home" so I pointed out what I felt was a weird comment to True. 

Let's just leave it, already. Maybe I'll have my first drink of the night. 

Edited by Thorny

10 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

It's meaningless. It's no more necessary or useful than Gaustad fighting Lucic weeks (months? I honestly don't remember the timeline) after the fact. It shows nothing, does nothing, proves nothing. 

Look. McCabe didn’t like the hit on Eichel so he responded immediately.  That is what I want to see from my team.  Krueger just said “that is what I want to see from the team”.   Do you expect him to look at a replay first?   He reacted quickly and stood up for our best player.   We even scored another goal on the PK to go up 4-1.  

If you want to make up some silly comments about Karma that’s your business.  We lost for lots of reasons, like a poor PP,  but Karma and fighting is definitely not one of them.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm saying it'd be utterly hilarious if after all of the clamoring about needing more toughness to win, that a blatantly manufactured display of fake toughness gets celebrated...and ultimately leads to losing a game. 

That just sounds like irony to me. Not Karma.?

6 minutes ago, Neo said:

Lightning TV ... Coach, players, Andreychuck color, replay after replay ... Sergachev v McCabe.

One guy thought he had to ,,, the other guy stood up for himself.  Sergachev was the team tough I want.  McCabe (who I generally dig) was not.

? Not understanding the message.  Say what? 

8 minutes ago, Neo said:

Nice post. I agree.

39 minutes ago, Eleven said:

They blew a three goal lead.  I don't care about power plays or empty nets or anything.

This would have been unacceptable under Lindy's watch.

First loss all year when we lead after 2 periods.  Tampa is in our heads. 

40 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

As for Pegula: he can't be bothered right now because of the Bills....but

WHAT IS IT GOING TAKE TO GET SOME REACTION FROM THE FRONT OFFICE

The last thing you want is for Pegula to do something.  He knows nothing about hockey.  All he needs to do is very quietly find our next GM.  No need for him to say a word, it won’t help.  

13 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm saying it'd be utterly hilarious if after all of the clamoring about needing more toughness to win, that a blatantly manufactured display of fake toughness gets celebrated...and ultimately leads to losing a game. 

Well, it fits the narrative but we lost because we suck, no matter what we do. We do need the toughness, whether its manufactured or not. Tampa was misfiring in the first period, should have had at least 2 goals, this could have been a 10 goal game if they were "on" tonight. But not taking their Sh*t is a big deal and we failed at that too 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

? Not understanding the message.  Say what? 

For a man of many words, I can be unclear.  I get the Lightning broadcast here in Tampa.  The post game show, with coaches, players and color guys, all kept coming back to the fight.   In general, and with five different people providing five different articulations, the thought was that McCabe manufactured something in light of the Sabres current situation. Sergachev, on the other hand, tried to let it go, and then “tough guy’d” McCabe with jack hammers, changing the game.  McCabe’s malice was inserted into a situation not calling for malice under the pressure of having to appear tough.   Sergachev’s just arose inside him as someone “took liberties” with him.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Neo said:

So, Sergechev turns it around with his fight?

No.  Why do people complain when we don’t  fight, then question it when we do?  

We scored a shorty after the fight. We had the crowd excited and the momentum.  Then we got a PP that went bad.   The tide turned on the bad call to a Mojo for hooking when we were on that  PP.  They scored and took over from there.  

Edited by Pimlach

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.