GDT Lightning at Sabres 12/31/19 7pm

SwampD

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

They blew a three goal lead.  I don't care about power plays or empty nets or anything.

This would have been unacceptable under Lindy's watch.

If Lindy were here, there;d be a bag skate right now.

• Like (+1) 7

What was that about Dahlin’s el

3 minutes ago, tom webster said:

The power play doesn’t have to score. Between the momentum from that and Smith’s fight they are bound to go on ten game winning streak.

They should have put him on the ice to start the third. I’m serious.

3 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Who would of thought after October we would only win 7 more games by New Years? 

If you looked close enough, you could see it.  This team is built to fail.

- A team that invested heavily in defensive resources, but plays mediocre team defense

- A lack of investment in secondary scoring

- Bottom-half-of-the-league goaltending

- A head coach who has been out of the league for 6 seasons, who hasn't been able to get the team to play 'out of character'

- No experienced veterens on the team to help young players deal with challenges that occur during the season

It' a team with poor talent, poorly constructed, and poorly coached. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Beer said:

Happy New Year!  Don’t let this game ruin your night!  

What else did I have?  The resurrection of Sara?  Or Mass tomorrow (which I surely will attend)?  What am I going to do besides watch this team blow a three goal lead?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Fire them both. Botterill and Krueger

No.  You only need to fire the GM Botterill .   Krueger gets replaced by the new GM when the anew GM finds hi# man   

Remember Terry did it backwards - he  fired Ruff and stayed with Darcy, who gave us a Rolston.  

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

The fight McCabe instigated in response to a clean hit? If that's not Karma, I don't know what is.

With a lead ... this is the flip side of the “sign a tough guy and someone sits” coin.

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

No.  You only need to fire the GM Botterill .   Krueger gets replaced by the new GM when the anew GM finds hi# man   

Remember Terry did it backwards - he  fired Ruff and stayed with Darcy, who gave us a Rolston.  

Darcy fired Ruff.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

The fight McCabe instigated in response to a clean hit? If that's not Karma, I don't know what is.

Given the recent past, I think that response needed to happen.  That it needed to happen is part of the the problem.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.