GDT: Islanders at Sabres, Sat. 11/2/19, 7:00 pm

nfreeman

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

My issue is that they still have a roster that you'd expect to have trouble scoring, relative to other teams, when teams tighten up. No matter what is going on mentally. Which is why my hopes for Ralph have never got as high as others'

They're already showing all the signs of struggling immensely to create the volume of good chances other teams do night in and night out, since the first week of the season. Like last year they can do it when everything is hectic and crazy in October, but teams always baten down the hatches with this stuff

I'll go out on a limb and say the Sabres have generated an NHL-average of scoring chances through two periods, if not more than average. (Of course you're saying "good chances.")

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

RK has to fix this quick or succumb to the same fate as his predecessors.  Can’t lose again tonight. 

It's all part of RK's master plan.

1 minute ago, Kruppstahl said:

I didn't.  He said he was paying too much attention listening to RJ and Wieland and that's just his way of saying "nice to you have in the booth".  Nothing Rayzor is going to say in those  5 seconds adds squat to the broadcast anyway.

I had no problem with it either. He did it after the first as well. Had nothing to do with the game at all.

1 minute ago, ubkev said:

Maybe from a professional standard. But he's not too far off base. It's really hard to care about the hockey that's being played right now.

Ya, that's what I was getting at. But that probably falls under the "fool me twice" category, considering it's Rob Ray. 

3 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

How have they looked? Missed the first 2 periods

Flat in the first.  Good in the 2nd period but the Devils, I mean Aisles, have everything clogged up.  Hard to get shots on net, hard to get cross ice passes, no one in front of the goalie.  

1 minute ago, bunomatic said:

I’m no oracle but I’m seeing a 1-0 final score here.

Naw.  The chances were too close in the second.  Not to put on my blue and gold shades, but the Sabres either press harder and get two or three, or keep playing the way they have been and tie it.  The Islanders don't seem to have much left in them, while the Sabres seem to have something to work with.

8 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

He knows how, but it's not up to him, it's up to bots. Need a couple of key pieces in the forward ranks.

Botterill will spend the next 3 months talking about needing forward help, and then at the trade deadline he'll trade for another puck-moving defenseman.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Any guitar players here?

I can't help but notice that Brian Duff has GIGANTIC hands.

They are like Steve Vai big.

Wonder if he plays.  It's a shame to waste hands like that.

He would be one of those unbearable musicians who think they're better than they are. And, big hands don't mean anything.  Ask Angus Young.

2 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Any guitar players here?

I can't help but notice that Brian Duff has GIGANTIC hands.

They are like Steve Vai big.

Wonder if he plays.  It's a shame to waste hands like that.

I play but don't have the long fingers to be great. I'm great at power chords though. Lol

1 minute ago, jad1 said:

Botterill will spend the next 3 months talking about needing forward help, and then at the trade deadline he'll trade for another puck-moving defenseman.

I hope if he brings in a forward, it's a right shot. We are lacking. One right shot total in the bottom 9

I think it matters for things like options on the breakout. 

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, ... said:

Naw.  The chances were too close in the second.  Not to put on my blue and gold shades, but the Sabres either press harder and get two or three, or keep playing the way they have been and tie it.  The Islanders don't seem to have much left in them, while the Sabres seem to have something to work with.

I hope you’re right.

1 minute ago, ... said:

He would be one of those unbearable musicians who think they're better than they are. And, big hands don't mean anything.  Ask Angus Young.

I hear ya.  Those guitarists that don't play what everyone wants to hear because it's too easy, so they play some crappy jazz fusion that sounds like they're all tuning their instruments at the same time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.