Sign in to follow this  
Tondas

NHL.TV Feed

Last year, NHL.TV was virtually flawless with it's feed.  This year, the feed is stuttering, especially as the game wears on.  It's maddening.  Is anyone else experiencing problems with their NHL.TV feed?   BTW, I use the NHL app on a Samsung phone and cast it to the TV.

Apple TV is four for four for me. No issues at all.

No issues. I think it actually looks better on the Roku express than on the Apple TV.

13 minutes ago, miles said:

I use chrome on my laptop and have had no issues. 

Thanks, I'll try that.  I've been using the NHL phone app and I think that may be the problem.  Do you cast to a TV or watch on your laptop?

No issues here, it's been so much better now that they stopped using flash. I usually watch in Chrome or NHL.tv app on my PS4.

Edited by skaught

27 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Last year, NHL.TV was virtually flawless with it's feed.  This year, the feed is stuttering, especially as the game wears on.  It's maddening.  Is anyone else experiencing problems with their NHL.TV feed?   BTW, I use the NHL app on a Samsung phone and cast it to the TV.

Get yourself a Roku stick and see how it works.  I think you'll find it's worth it.
Or if your TV can be cast to, does it have smart TV capabilities?  Can you load the NHL app right on the TV?

Edited by Doohickie
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Thanks, I'll try that.  I've been using the NHL phone app and I think that may be the problem.  Do you cast to a TV or watch on your laptop?

I watch on my laptop, but I could connect my laptop to my TV with hdmi connection

Edited by miles
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Apple TV is four for four for me. No issues at all.

Same, i use NHL.tv on a smart tv (not apple) and havnt had any issues at all. 

58 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Looks great on my Roku when it's not blacked out!

Same here

1 hour ago, Tondas said:

Yes, it's been driving me nuts.  I thought it was my google chromecast.  The NHL app seems to perform better when I watch on my iPad but as soon as I project it starts to lag.

3 of the the first 4 games have been blacked out here. But on Amazon fire TV I'm experiencing the audio and picture not being in sync, whereas any other app is fine.

1 hour ago, Beer said:

Yes, it's been driving me nuts.  I thought it was my google chromecast.  The NHL app seems to perform better when I watch on my iPad but as soon as I project it starts to lag.

It works better in apps than in chrome cast 

I have never used NHL.TV or other streaming services for sports.  I live in the West, so the games are usually half over by the time I get home from work.  Is it possible to start streaming the game from the beginning while the game is already in progress?  In other words, if I get home 2 hours into the game, can I start streaming from the beginning (and without the app showing me the current score)?  Also, can you pause and resume the feed while you are watching?

Just evaluating whether to give this option a try versus going with Center Ice (on Directv).

Thanks!

3 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I have never used NHL.TV or other streaming services for sports.  I live in the West, so the games are usually half over by the time I get home from work.  Is it possible to start streaming the game from the beginning while the game is already in progress?  In other words, if I get home 2 hours into the game, can I start streaming from the beginning (and without the app showing me the current score)?  Also, can you pause and resume the feed while you are watching?

Just evaluating whether to give this option a try versus going with Center Ice (on Directv).

Thanks!

Yes you can get spoiler free start from beginning of game while game is in progress. Pause when you want. Only complaint is the skip button on roku is only 10sec increments. 17 minutes takes a few clicks. 

Edited by triumph_communes
  • Like (+1) 1