2019 Free Agency Thread (Non-Sabres)

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, jsb said:

I'm pretty sure it's because he went from 2nd line Center to 3rd. Amazing how that works.

Going to 3C changed his stats because of who he played with, not because who he played against. But nice try to justify Risto's continued presence on this roster ?

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Going to 3C changed his stats because of who he played with, not because who he played against. But nice try to justify Risto's continued presence on this roster ?

Sorry I thought we were talking about Kadri. As for Risto, if we can get a good to very good return on him, why wouldn't we trade him??

13 minutes ago, jsb said:

Sorry I thought we were talking about Kadri. As for Risto, if we can get a good to very good return on him, why wouldn't we trade him??

Sorry, I misinterpreted where you were coming from. I've been in so many Risto arguments lately I thought you were doing the "ease his usage and he'll be good" thing. Carry on. 

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Well, that'd make all of us feel a lot better about the Skinner contract. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Marner staying with Leafs, damn....they just got 7 mill in cap space.

Yeah, but they still need to upgrade their defence to improve their team. And Marner isn't taking a home town discount, he wasn't to get paid. If they don't upgrade their defence and find a backup goalie so they don't ride Anderson into the ground again just getting through the regular season, they won't be a threat to anyone.....

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Take Duchene off that roster as well.  Dzingel too.

Still liking that roster?

I love what Kekalainen and co. did last year. They went for it! And took down Tampa doing it. But if they lose all their UFAs they're down to Jones and Werenski. (And a handful of good vets, but you're not building around Foligno, Atkinson, etc...  does Kekalainen start listening to trade offers for those guys as soon as this deadline and start a ... rebuild?)

6 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I love what Kekalainen and co. did last year. They went for it! And took down Tampa doing it. But if they lose all their UFAs they're down to Jones and Werenski. (And a handful of good vets, but you're not building around Foligno, Atkinson, etc...  does Kekalainen start listening to trade offers for those guys as soon as this deadline and start a ... rebuild?)

They have Jones, Werenski, Dubois, Atkinson, Anderson, Bjorkstrand.  They will reload around their young talent.  I can't see them selling off those guys.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.