2019 Free Agency Thread (Non-Sabres)

Brawndo

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

And yet teams are always able to get out of being screwed. In 5 years $10 mil a year isn't going to be as bad as it seems today. It also won't be so bad if it improves your team and your making the playoffs with the income from that

It's not the money, it's the cap hit. 5 years from now a $10M cap hit will still suck

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

If the Sabres would have signed Donskoi or Nyquist to those deals, I would be doing cartwheels down the street. 

And I have never done a cartwheel in my life 

Unfortunately I don't think we should be surprised that guys are choosing playoff teams over the Sabres for what is probably the same money. That's free agency for ya when your team has been bad for so long. Jason knows his best chances are in the trade market.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Hoss said:

That’s getting matched with ease

Yeah, that's kind of disappointing to see the AAV. I realize they were probably trying to avoid going to the top of the compensation chart, but I doubt even the Canes' cheap owner will be unwilling to match that offer.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.