2019 Free Agency Thread (Non-Sabres)

Brawndo

13 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Correct me if I'm wrong. If a player signs an offer sheet the team has a week to match. Teams are allowed to be up to 10% over the cap in the off-season.

If someone wanted to offer sheet Marner you do it right now. Right this second. You have them completely over a barrel if they want to match they have a week to get other moves made and the rest of the league would know it so there is no way they'd get value.

Honestly, if you want to sign a player to an offer sheet and actually get the player, wouldn’t it make more sense to sign it after free agency was well under way?  After a lot of teams have spent money on free agents, fewer teams will be able to take on salary from a team trying to create room to match an offer sheet.  Making it harder for that team to match an offer sheet.

The point of signing a player to an offer sheet is to actually get that player, not to make the other team make a couple bad trades then match the offer sheet.

57 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Bring me Huberdeau! 

Great dream, but the NMC I have a hard time seeing being waived. 

Trochek is is the only ‘realistic’ guy on their roster without a trade clause that has the salary they need to move, and even then him being ‘realistic’ is a stretch. 

Theyre in the division. Just let them burn. Just like Toronto

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Wow.  So I feel for his health problems, I really do.  But he pisses all over Buffalo to the media when it was also reported how Botts helped him through his mental health problems.  Then the Isles take a chance on him.  It works out and they offer him $10 million friggen dollars for two more years.  He says thanks but no thanks despite that setting you up for life.  ***** you Robin.

Edited by Derrico
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Wow.  So I feel for his health problems, I really do.  But he pisses all over Buffalo to the media when it was also reported how Botts helped him through his mental health problems.  Then the Isles take a chance on him.  It works out and they offer him $10 million friggen dollars for two more years.  He says thanks but no thanks despite that setting you up for life.  ***** you Robin.

Well, that's a pretty extreme reaction. He was just nominated for the Vezina, I don't think wanting more commitment than 2 years is out of line at all. I wouldn't give it to him, mind you, but it's not an unreasonable ask. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.