Jump to content
WildCard

GDT SC Final Game 7: St.Louis Blues @ Boston Bruins, 8:00pm EDT

Recommended Posts

O'Reilly said something to the effect of "game 7 needs to be the best game I've ever played" after the last game. So it's obvious that he's already in "it's all on me" mode. And if he's that tightly wound up then there's a good bet the whole team is.

I could see this being a blowout if the Bruins can weather the early Blues push and crack Binnington.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best case scenario for the Blues, imo, is for either team to score a goal early in the game, just to break the seal. The longer this game goes scoreless, the better it is for the Bruins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darksabre said:

The best case scenario for the Blues, imo, is for either team to score a goal early in the game, just to break the seal. The longer this game goes scoreless, the better it is for the Bruins.

Best case is O'Reilly getting an early one again because that propelled him to 2 great games.

Him causing the 1st Boston goal is worst case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Him causing the 1st Boston goal is worst case.

Ehhh...

I want the Blues to win, but if O'Reilly has an own goal in there somewhere I'm not gonna complain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WildCard said:

Ehhh...

I want the Blues to win, but if O'Reilly has an own goal in there somewhere I'm not gonna complain

If O'Reilly shuts down, can't see the Blues having enough horses to overcome both his line having issues AND a deficit on the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darksabre said:

O'Reilly said something to the effect of "game 7 needs to be the best game I've ever played" after the last game. So it's obvious that he's already in "it's all on me" mode. And if he's that tightly wound up then there's a good bet the whole team is.

I could see this being a blowout if the Bruins can weather the early Blues push and crack Binnington.

This should be true of every athlete in every sport in every championship elimination game. I’m sure damn near every player is thinking that to themselves. If Josh Allen said before the Super Bowl “this needs to be the best game I’ve ever played,” wouldn’t the response be “no *****, Sherlock?”

Edited by #freejame
Not to mention if he said this needs to be everyone’s best effort ever, his comments would be torn apart for implying others aren’t bringing it.
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all in on the blues but premature publication of that newspaper article has me feeling more than a little stitious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thorny said:

This thing is still going? The final took 17 days. 

17 days? Hey man, I don't want to rain on your parade, but this last game isn't going to last 17 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

17 days? Hey man, I don't want to rain on your parade, but this last game isn't going to last 17 hours.

Sorry, should say: the finals have been in session for 17 calendar days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Taro T said:

Best case is O'Reilly getting an early one again because that propelled him to 2 great games.

Him causing the 1st Boston goal is worst case.

Ooooo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Marchand went brain dead, going off the ice and leaving his man cruise in.

And he knows it, see that stupid look on his face at end of the period.  He was gassed but still cant do that and Petrangelo read it perfectly.

Edited by North Buffalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...