Official Ralph Krueger named Sabres Head Coach

Brawndo

On 5/15/2019 at 1:06 AM, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'd love to be wrong.  We needed to find someone who could impact the roster like Trotz did in Washington and now w the NYI.  Instead we got Ted Nolan two.  I'm very disappointed.  If we were going to make a non-retread hire why not interview Sheldon Keefe, what more does this guy have to prove in the AHL to get a shot?  

No, you were right.

On 5/15/2019 at 4:32 AM, MODO Hockey said:

I am litterly stunned.

What in the actuall ****, Ralph Kreuger .. REALLY ??
I'm gonna say right now, what a incredible misstake by Sabres organisation, and i sure hope im wrong

This is bad bad bad and utterly bad. May everyone including Freddy prove me wrong.

MODO, your instincts are pure as the snow is white. Good call.

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

milk ew GIF by Studio 10

I actually didn't answer this thread, I think? But, I do not like Ralph Krueger as an NHL coach, I know. 🙂

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/15/2019 at 1:06 AM, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'd love to be wrong.  We needed to find someone who could impact the roster like Trotz did in Washington and now w the NYI.  Instead we got Ted Nolan two.  I'm very disappointed.  If we were going to make a non-retread hire why not interview Sheldon Keefe, what more does this guy have to prove in the AHL to get a shot?  

45 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

No, you were right.

I'm so sad I have been proven correct.  I truly love this team and want them to do well.  What a mess TP and his litany of bad hires have done to our beloved team.

P.S. I didn't like the KA hire either.  So far so bad.

• Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'm so sad I have been proven correct.  I truly love this team and want them to do well.  What a mess TP and his litany of bad hires have done to our beloved team.

P.S. I didn't like the KA hire either.  So far so bad.

Other than no experience the thing that bothers me about the KA hire is that it was further evidence that the Pegulas want to run things. They may be the worst owners in sports.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Radar said:

They may be the worst owners in sports.

I can't get there - I don't think they're even in the worst tier. They're probably towards the worst end of the second worst tier - lol. 

I've been hearing about the Houston Texans' debacles -- now that is bad ownership.

I take some encouragement from the fact that the Pegulas have tried a bunch of different people to run the Sabres. Of course, none of them have worked out. At some point - at some point - they're going to hit on a winning arrangement. I mean - right? 😳

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I can't get there - I don't think they're even in the worst tier. They're probably towards the worst end of the second worst tier - lol. 

I've been hearing about the Houston Texans' debacles -- now that is bad ownership.

I take some encouragement from the fact that the Pegulas have tried a bunch of different people to run the Sabres. Of course, none of them have worked out. At some point - at some point - they're going to hit on a winning arrangement. I mean - right? 😳

What do you mean when you say .. “run the Sabres”?

15 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

What do you mean when you say .. “run the Sabres”?

Yeah, yeah. I know. Horizontal management structure, etc. I am hoping that the recent rumour of a stake of the team being for sale - or help being sought - is a sign that they're ready to take some steps back.

Hopefully this serves as a jinx but... I have a feeling he doesn’t get fired 

Maybe the franchise even thinks it’ll get the appearance of a bit more stability by acting in the conference like he was on a short leash and then deciding to hold course. 

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Hopefully this serves as a jinx but... I have a feeling he doesn’t get fired 

Maybe the franchise even thinks it’ll get the appearance of a bit more stability by acting in the conference like he was on a short leash and then deciding to hold course. 

If they think that, they are completely clueless on what the NHL at large thinks and what their own fans think... which actually makes perfect sense. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

They have to have someone gauging the fan base mood, no? Watching message boards, Twitter and so on.

Maybe, but that doesn't mean they care. I've worked for large organizations my entire adult life and they often know things that they willfully ignore. 

• Like (+1) 2

So it appears 4 regulation wins in 24 games and an 8 game losing streak is STILL not enough to get you fired in Buffalo.  Losing is ok.  What will it take?  I honestly don’t think there is a single other organization that would of not pulled the plug by now. With a back to back against Pitt, and a game vs Washington thereafter, how embarrassing does this get? 

Edited by Gatorman0519
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

How can you be wrong so often over so long? You're opinion of them is higher than mine.

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Speaking of..

On 5/15/2019 at 11:09 AM, Eleven said:

My thoughts are in the other thread and need not be repeated.  To sum up, I am happy with the hire and will not blame Botterill for taking a bold and unconventional decision if this doesn't work out.

Well, I'll stand by not blaming Botterill for taking a bold and unconventional decision.  I'll just blame Adams for not ending the experiment.  Botterill shot for the stars, missed, didn't even land on the moon; time to end this.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Speaking of..

GAH!

I haven't seen that tool's Twitter content in quite a while. He blocked me when I called him out for being a d1ck about there being a fussy baby on his flight to the Carribean (and holy spit was he ever a d1ck about it).

Anyway, I disagree that the Pegulas are anywhere near as problematic as the Texans' owners -- and they have a competent NFL franchise to prove it.

Oh, and fook Nate Geary.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

GAH!

I haven't seen that tool's Twitter content in quite a while. He blocked me when I called him out for being a d1ck about there being a fussy baby on his flight to the Carribean (and holy spit was he ever a d1ck about it).

Anyway, I disagree that the Pegulas are anywhere near as problematic as the Texans' owners -- and they have a competent NFL franchise to prove it.

Oh, and fook Nate Geary.

whoops lol

2 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

So it appears 4 regulation wins in 24 games and an 8 game losing streak is STILL not enough to get you fired in Buffalo.  Losing is ok.  What will it take?  I honestly don’t think there is a single other organization that would of not pulled the plug by now. With a back to back against Pitt, and a game vs Washington thereafter, how embarrassing does this get? 

GMTM proved that losing was not only acceptable, but encouraged in this organisation.  Many of us fans encouraged it.  Why would you expect KA and RK to be held to a different standard?  If you were for the tank, then you were OK with this potential eventuality.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.