Official Ralph Krueger named Sabres Head Coach

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

... Werewolves of London...

Raaaah-kroooooo!

Exactly.

44 minutes ago, shrader said:

Or you could go completely off the script and call him Krueger.   Crazy, I know.

Unless and until this team gives me something for which to cheer (outside of magical and unsustainable winning streaks in October and November), I'll be doing dumb sh1t like this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, shrader said:

Well if there absolutely has to be a nickname, this is hockey we're talking about.  It has to be Kroogsie.

Fair.

Names like this always confound my understanding of the hockey naming rules. His name ends in an -er ... so it already is a hockey name.

Perhaps even more extreme is that guy Ron Hainsey. Is he Hainer?

Also, I'm less looking for a hockey nickname and more looking for a message board shorthand.

12 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Fair.

Names like this always confound my understanding of the hockey naming rules. His name ends in an -er ... so it already is a hockey name.

Perhaps even more extreme is that guy Ron Hainsey. Is he Hainer?

Also, I'm less looking for a hockey nickname and more looking for a message board shorthand.

RK

Sounds like a positive, no BS high energy guy that wont back down when Sabres start dragging... I like it.  Maybe we will see 60 minute efforts win or lose next year and hopefully like a CB in football... a short term memory not getting caught up in in game mistakes.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:43 AM, WildCard said:

Who knows how things go but imagine the scenario if the Jets get off to a terrible start and Maurice is fired into the season (there was speculation after the playoff loss this spring). I could see Krueger immediately pushing to add Maurice as an assistant with a plan agreed to by Botterill and Pegulas to have Maurice eventually succeed Krueger as coach with Krueger moving into a POHO role or Assistant GM to Botterill.

OK, so I just watched the Dreger interview.

I'm officially psyched about RK.  He has presence and exudes confidence and leadership -- exactly what this team has been dying for.

I still want an upgrade at goalie, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's able to get more consistent play out of Hutton and Ullmark.

Let's go.

• Like (+1) 3

21 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I'm officially psyched about RK.  He has presence and exudes confidence and leadership -- exactly what this team has been dying for.

I still want an upgrade at goalie, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's able to get more consistent play out of Hutton and Ullmark.

Let's go.

It's like a real grown up is finally in charge 

21 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Let's go.

And if he gets more consistent play out of not only the goalies but everyone, contrary to what a few around here believe, this team has the talent to make the playoffs. 

Now that’s not to say we can’t use 3-4 upgrades (besides goal) to put us in a position to do damage beyond the 1st round.

Coaching, system, and in game adjustments WERE our biggest weakness. Hopefully with the hiring of RK and his assistants, that will no longer be the case. Now I think our biggest weakness is an effective dangerous 2nd line. Hopefully JB will address that this summer.

27 minutes ago, SDS said:

Phil Housley wasn’t a grown-up? ?

Seriously, he is still that 18 year old kid to me with big ears. I know that's not fair, but he just seems like one of the players, not the coach. 

That gravitas thing is real. This man seems more fitted to the job by his appearance, demeanor and confidence. Yes, that is kind of a superficial appraisement and might mean nothing, but there it is. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.