WildCard

Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

Rodger ShermanVerified account @rodger
FollowFollow @rodger
More

This Mexico City game is the first time the Chargers have played in a soccer stadium in front of a crowd primarily made up of non-Chargers fans since their last home game two weeks ago.

• Haha (+1) 3

13 hours ago, WildCard said:

Philip Rivers is officially done 

It was sad to watch him.  His accuracy is shot.

It's like when you're a kid and you blow up a balloon halfway and tie it off, and throw it as hard as you can at your sibling, and it sails gently in slow motion, getting led astray by a draft going through the room, falling to the ground 2 feet to your right instead of going forward

That's Philip Rivers throwing a football

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

It was sad to watch him.  His accuracy is shot.

It's all coming to a crashing halt for that draft class all at the same time.

...Well, except the other QB from that 1st round who shall not be named.

Allen has improved 16% in completion percentage on throws between 10-20 yards down the field from last year to this year, he's at 65% there. As of a couple weeks ago he had the best passer rating in the NFL in that range too. Or QBR, i forget which. That's a nice development, those throws move the chains.

The whole Myles Garrett thing just took an incredibly predictable turn...

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Allen has improved 16% in completion percentage on throws between 10-20 yards down the field from last year to this year, he's at 65% there. As of a couple weeks ago he had the best passer rating in the NFL in that range too. Or QBR, i forget which. That's a nice development, those throws move the chains.

This is the most important development of the year, IMHO.  He has borderline-miraculously become a very good passer on the short and intermediate routes, including the intermediate-to-deep sideline routes where the ball travels a pretty long distance.

Once he gets the deep routes down, he's really gonna be something.

16 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

This is the most important development of the year, IMHO.  He has borderline-miraculously become a very good passer on the short and intermediate routes, including the intermediate-to-deep sideline routes where the ball travels a pretty long distance.

Once he gets the deep routes down, he's really gonna be something.

And I'm almost positive that, while he'll never be Rodgers or Wilson on deep balls, the reason he's missed them ALL are 
1.) overthrowing in fear of interceptions
2.) putting those practice reps on the back burner, as it's sheer volume of practice that has brought along his intermediate abilities in the first place

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

And I'm almost positive that, while he'll never be Rodgers or Wilson on deep balls, the reason he's missed them ALL are 
1.) overthrowing in fear of interceptions
2.) putting those practice reps on the back burner, as it's sheer volume of practice that has brought along his intermediate abilities in the first place

The 1st one is confirmed by Allen himself; feel like it changed after he had two underthrown ones picked in the Pats game

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/11/21/20975461/josh-allen-buffalo-bills-quarterback-perception

Just now, WildCard said:

TIL Jim Brown is actually kinda a POS. Huh, who knew

Yes -- he's a serial wife- and GF-beater.

Just now, nfreeman said:

Yes -- he's a serial wife- and GF-beater.

Couple other charges in there too. Pretty incredible the NFL will always honor him, Irvin, and LT but won't touch OJ with a 50ft pole

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Couple other charges in there too. Pretty incredible the NFL will always honor him, Irvin, and LT but won't touch OJ with a 50ft pole

Well, wife-beating is unacceptable, and Brown is a bad guy, but double homicide is still an entirely different kettle of fish IMHO.

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, wife-beating is unacceptable, and Brown is a bad guy, but double homicide is still an entirely different kettle of fish IMHO.

I mean Brown tried to murder someone he just wasn't successful at it

It's just absurd to me that it's so black and white with the NFL. I get what OJ and Brown did were different, but they have Brown out there like he's freaking Mr.Rogers 

Edited by WildCard

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

I mean Brown tried to murder someone he just wasn't successful at it

It's just absurd to me that it's so black and white with the NFL. I get what OJ and Brown did were different, but they have Brown out there like he's freaking Mr.Rogers 

OJ was the most public murder trial in the history of mankind. In a world driven by PR, it’s tough finding anything that comes anywhere close to matching up with that one. 

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

I’m not really sure how that makes a case for Wilson over Prescott and Cousins. That’s one nice thing of reading this on my phone, I can easily rotate that plot. The three of them look to be right in line with each other. 

and am I blind or do I not see Josh Allen anywhere?

40 minutes ago, shrader said:

I’m not really sure how that makes a case for Wilson over Prescott and Cousins. That’s one nice thing of reading this on my phone, I can easily rotate that plot. The three of them look to be right in line with each other. 

and am I blind or do I not see Josh Allen anywhere?

You are blind... lower left

So Josh Allen isn't good with good protection? Am I reading this right 

13 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Wait. OJ was convicted on the double homicide?

• Like (+1) 1

This teams game management at the end of halves is high school level.  They have no idea what to do or when to do it.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, inkman said:

This teams game management at the end of halves is high school level.  They have no idea what to do or when to do it.  

It was a cacophony of ineptitude on a comical level.  

59 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

This game is boooorrrring 

It was advertised as such, the vaunted defensive battle.